Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5
RE: 2013-10 Friday 11th, SOMA Officially Announced

Thomas it looks very good, do more lights cast shadow this time around? And do you guys for any chance got inspiration for your plot from the ill fated Skyline movie? Btw i don't know if it is intentional or not but your text effect in the end looks very similar to the same effect used on the sci fi horror game Routine.

Fan 101 i don't think they will make a new amnesia game, i'm pretty sure Thomas or one of the developers said that before, they are to busy making SOMA (I hope this is not the final name) that's why they asked "The chinese Room" to make the second Amnesia game for them, so in a sense A machine for pigs is the last Amnesia game we will get unfortunately, but of course the last word is their.
10-12-2013, 04:05 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4

It's looking very slick, indeed. Between this trailer and the "Mockingbird" live action trailer, the theme of "Do Robots Dream of Electric Sleep?" will likely be taking hold. The graphics look like they got quite an overhaul, and the art design reminds me of heading inside the dead reaper from Mass Effect 2.

Also, Braaaaaains. Killer Tentacle Brains, which may or may not belong to us.
10-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(10-12-2013, 12:02 AM)Statyk Wrote: Hey Thomas, is there any time you may be writing a blog of sorts detailing the engine changes? I know you have made blog posts about the tech buildup, but nothing was really "final". It'd be cool to know the new kicks the engine is sporting!

Yes, dat! I think the last ones were from 2011 or something which is way back. Smile
10-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Find
exmachinax Offline

Threads: 0

Two things important for me:

1) Please, no constant noise of the character breathing in the final game, or at least make a option to turn on and off. It seriously annoys me and put me off many games. In fact, the reason for this is because I have OCD (I really do) and one of the "weird" things that really makes uncomfortable in real life is the constant loud noise of someone breathing hard. Please, if you folks really want to have it in the game, make it optional, I do beg you.

2) This one is just a personal option, not a issue someone that bothers in real life, but here it goes anyway: In these kind of immersive horror games, I prefer silent protagonists all the time. To be playing a character that is constanly screaming from a scare, or saying out lout "WTF?" and "OMG!" and such feels silly and obvious and just distracts me from the experience.

Thank you for your time reading it.
10-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Find
DonnJuann Offline

Threads: 1

(10-18-2013, 09:29 PM)exmachinax Wrote: Two things important for me:

1) Please, no constant noise of the character breathing in the final game, or at least make a option to turn on and off. It seriously annoys me and put me off many games. In fact, the reason for this is because I have OCD (I really do) and one of the "weird" things that really makes uncomfortable in real life is the constant loud noise of someone breathing hard. Please, if you folks really want to have it in the game, make it optional, I do beg you.

2) This one is just a personal option, not a issue someone that bothers in real life, but here it goes anyway: In these kind of immersive horror games, I prefer silent protagonists all the time. To be playing a character that is constanly screaming from a scare, or saying out lout "WTF?" and "OMG!" and such feels silly and obvious and just distracts me from the experience.

Thank you for your time reading it.
THE GUY IN THE TRAILER IS NOT THE PROTAGONIST, READ "IN THE GAME OF MADNESS" YOU LAZY POTATO (not an actual insult Big Grin)

-DJ
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2013, 10:29 PM by DonnJuann.)
10-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Find
mmallory22 Offline

I would agree with xmachinax that the breathing and talking was a little overdone in the trailer. It would be great if Frictional could tone it down a bit. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed Daniel's reactions in the Dark Descent. If I remember right, Penumbra had a silent protagonist; it wasn't nearly as immersive for me. I loved both games though, and I'm sure SOMA will be worthwhile too. Thanks for making great games, Frictional. Smile
11-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

I liked the breathing and whimpering in too, would be nice to hear it again. Just make sure it matches the characters gender *coughJustinecough*
11-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Find
WhiteClarity Offline

looks super cool. BUT keep in mind that I'll be furious if I have to wait till 2015 for a game as short as AMFP Sad I will totally buy it ofc.
11-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-56.html
11-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Find