Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-texture a door way?
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
RE: Re-texture a door way?

(10-20-2013, 08:26 AM)The chaser Wrote: Only the mesh? Then:

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender

This page has the process quite well.

Referring to the material thing:

Let's say we have a folder called /static_objects/yourwall/. Open the Material Editor and choose the diffuse, normal, specular and height map, and make a material called THE SAME AS YOUR DIFFUSE TEXTURE (lots of people fail here, so I put caps lock).

The folder should look like this:

-yourwall.dae
-yourwall.msh (if it has been already loaded into Amnesia)
-yourwall.dds
///Other yourwall.dds (nrm, spec, height)
-yourwall.mat

With this, it should work properly Smile

Yes, that's the page I've been using. Also, I do not have a specular, nmap or height map, just the diffuse .dds. I've been working on it still but nothing seems to be being placed into the .dae file in the library_images section. No image files are in the .dae... I'm at a complete loss. Lol

-Grind to the Gore-
10-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

May I know what Blender are you using? From Blender 2.64 to 2.68, you have to tick the option "Include UV Textures" and "Include Material Textures". Remain to assign your UV map to the texture or it won't work. (You can do this in the texture panel, with a material added)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(10-20-2013, 09:13 AM)The chaser Wrote: May I know what Blender are you using? From Blender 2.64 to 2.68, you have to tick the option "Include UV Textures" and "Include Material Textures". Remain to assign your UV map to the texture or it won't work. (You can do this in the texture panel, with a material added)

Blender 2.68. I have not been ticking "Include Material Textures" but then again I can't recall right now if they were ticked in the first place.

Do I even need to use "Include UV Textures" or even add a material or change faces to triangular or whatever it was since the model is already an Amnesia model?

I'll try the "Include Material Textures" later on and get back to you soon. I've been up all night/morning trying to get it to work. If you or any one else have any information to give, please do so, it's greatly appreciated!

-Grind to the Gore-
10-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(10-20-2013, 09:32 AM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 09:13 AM)The chaser Wrote: May I know what Blender are you using? From Blender 2.64 to 2.68, you have to tick the option "Include UV Textures" and "Include Material Textures". Remain to assign your UV map to the texture or it won't work. (You can do this in the texture panel, with a material added)

Blender 2.68. I have not been ticking "Include Material Textures" but then again I can't recall right now if they were ticked in the first place.

Do I even need to use "Include UV Textures" or even add a material or change faces to triangular or whatever it was since the model is already an Amnesia model?

I'll try the "Include Material Textures" later on and get back to you soon. I've been up all night/morning trying to get it to work. If you or any one else have any information to give, please do so, it's greatly appreciated!

It should always be like this, just to avoid further confusion:

http://imgur.com/KJZclBI

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(10-20-2013, 10:28 AM)The chaser Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 09:32 AM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:

It should always be like this, just to avoid further confusion:

http://imgur.com/KJZclBI

I did just that but still, just the mesh outlines are visible when the object is selected in the editors.

Once again, I just downloaded Blender yesterday with no experience with it. All I need is a flat, basic doorway, in the way that a primitives floor tile is flat, much like a ceiling or floor, that I can add my texture to without it conforming to the shapes of triangles so it lines up properly with my primitive wall tiles.

I hope this makes sense...

-Grind to the Gore-
10-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Find