Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague graphic card issues...
QueueTeaPi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black Plague graphic card issues...

I know the game wont play with some Intel graphic cards, but is there any chance of the CD version working with an Intel mobile 965 Express chipset family? What if I were to purchase the Steam version of the game, would that make any difference? I've had the CD version for years and I'm disappointed that I've never been able to play it yet. Thank you.
10-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black Plague graphic card issues...

Your graphics card is basically Intel X3100 which should work in theory as mentioned at the graphics card troubleshooting guide. Make sure you have the latest Intel drivers installed to add support for as much OpenGL extensions as possible and try to see if the game is playable before buying.
10-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Find
QueueTeaPi Offline

Didn't know they were basically the same graphics card...I read the troubleshooting guide before posting. Intel has discontinued my graphics card, and it's up to date according to my windows update. I also downloaded the black plague update from the frictional support page, and I downloaded and installed the OpenGL extensions as suggested in the troubleshooting thread. Still saying my graphics card won't support vertex shaders. Again, this is the CD version, not the Steam version. Any other help you can think of? I'd really prefer to not buy the Steam version if possible, since I already purchased the game.
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

What operating system do you have? Also 32-bit or 64-bit?
10-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Find
QueueTeaPi Offline

Operating system is Windows 8 Pro, 32-bit.
10-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

There are no drivers from Intel for this graphics card when it comes to Windows 8. Try the latest Windows 7 32-bit ones from 2009:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_...pe=Drivers

Usually the drivers which come preinstalled with Windows 8 when it comes to older/unsupported Intel cards, have no OpenGL support at all.
10-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Find
QueueTeaPi Offline

Wow, I was not expecting that to work, but it did. thank you so much! I've had this game for years and could never get it to work on an laptop I had. You've been an amazing amount of help! Now, not to burst the praise-bubble, but I'm guessing I'll need to update my graphic card again once I'm ready to play Amnesia, right? Figured I would save you a question in the future. Otherwise you would be seeing me again very soon. Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 04:28 AM by QueueTeaPi.)
10-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You won't be able to play Amnesia with such a graphics card. A higher OpenGL version (and horsepower) is needed.
10-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Find