Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Settings Reverted
saito100 Offline

Threads: 8
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Amnesia Settings Reverted

So as you can see by the title, its basically what this is about. I set up a dev environment and it was working fine... until I started a new game in Justine (used the dev profile) and it reverted all of the settings. Not a huge problem being i don't obviously go on Justine allot. But i thought it should be addressed because it was really annoying for me when all of a sudden all of my settings were gone. So if anyone has a fix feel free to comment it. Thanks in advance! Big Grin

Btw, i'm on Windows 8.1 if that possibly has anything to do with it.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 04:56 PM by saito100.)
10-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia Settings Reverted

Justine uses different settings if I recall correctly. It's normal.
10-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Find
saito100 Offline

(10-29-2013, 12:47 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Justine uses different settings if I recall correctly. It's normal.

Thanks for the comment. But I can't help to fell that its still kinda stupid that it overrides your settings. I guess you could make a backup of you settings but i feel that shouldn't be required. Idk, whats you're opinion on it? I feel either they should (or if they could) direct it towards a new directory/new file or give you some sort of warning.
10-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Again, I don't remember that much because the DLC is from 2011 but I think a different folder is used at Documents for Justine called ptest. Amnesia uses Main folder. Either way, there is no problem at all and Justine doesn't overwrite your Amnesia settings.
10-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Find
saito100 Offline

(10-29-2013, 12:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Again, I don't remember that much because the DLC is from 2011 but I think a different folder is used at Documents for Justine called ptest. Amnesia uses Main folder. Either way, there is no problem at all and Justine doesn't overwrite your Amnesia settings.

Well, when I put on debug mode everything is fine. And then when I went into Justine it reverted the debug settings all back to there original settings. I'm not sure if it reverts the general settings that you can change in the options menu but it does revert all the debug settings. I know this because I made a new profile and set up the debug environment on it. Then I opened Justine and started a new game, closed out, then opened the settings config and it did change the settings back. Thanks.
10-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

If the settings you are referring to are changed via user_settings.cfg, it's normal as this file is remade at each new profile. Everything you describe is normal and will not be altered any further.
10-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Find