Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Captain Phillips = AMAZING
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Captain Phillips = AMAZING

Seriously one of the best movies I've seen in recent years. Everybody go see it.
10-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Captain Phillips = AMAZING

ok Big Grin

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

I hadn't heard of the film before now and looked it up on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Ph...troversies

Hahaha awesome.
10-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-29-2013, 08:22 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: I hadn't heard of the film before now and looked it up on Wikipedia:

Hahaha awesome.

That is actually pretty funny. I can imagine how they would be pissed at this movie in that case but honestly I don't really care how true it is.
10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(10-29-2013, 08:32 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-29-2013, 08:22 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: I hadn't heard of the film before now and looked it up on Wikipedia:

Hahaha awesome.

That is actually pretty funny. I can imagine how they would be pissed at this movie in that case but honestly I don't really care how true it is.

That is actually quite hilarious Big Grin

But anyways, I don't care who the true Phillips is, the movie was really good (although I didn't believe at some parts that the pirates didn't just blow Phillip's head)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-29-2013, 11:16 PM)The chaser Wrote:

Hahaha awesome.

But anyways, I don't care who the true Phillips is, the movie was really good (although I didn't believe at some parts that the pirates didn't just blow Phillip's head)

Might want to wrap that in spoiler tags just to be courteous. Anyway:

Spoiler below!
They clearly could not do that at any point in the movie. Originally they only took him with them for the ransom money but later on it became a matter of necessity since they would have been utterly destroyed by the Navy if they executed Phillips, a point stressed several times in the movie. The big guy, I forget what his name was (Najee?) came awfully close to killing him a few times both because he was short-sighted and he was high on Khat the entire time which I've read is known to cause excitement. I don't think any of it was contrived, the other pirates step in each time to prevent Najee from making a stupid mistake. Near the end the only reason Najee wasn't successful in killing Capt. Phillips was because of a clever trick employed by the Navy.
10-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(10-29-2013, 11:52 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-29-2013, 11:16 PM)The chaser Wrote:

Hahaha awesome.

Might want to wrap that in spoiler tags just to be courteous. Anyway:

Spoiler below!
They clearly could not do that at any point in the movie. Originally they only took him with them for the ransom money but later on it became a matter of necessity since they would have been utterly destroyed by the Navy if they executed Phillips, a point stressed several times in the movie. The big guy, I forget what his name was (Najee?) came awfully close to killing him a few times both because he was short-sighted and he was high on Khat the entire time which I've read is known to cause excitement. I don't think any of it was contrived, the other pirates step in each time to prevent Najee from making a stupid mistake. Near the end the only reason Najee wasn't successful in killing Capt. Phillips was because of a clever trick employed by the Navy.

Spoiler below!

Yeah, you're true, but let's take a look at the beggining: You assault a several million ship, and you search for a safe with (30.000?) dollars? If I were a pirate, I would think more of letting Phillips alive and doing the classical pirating act: I kidnap a ship with it's people, I drive it all the way to the coast, and I would ask for the rescue there. It has been a while since I haven't seen the film, but I don't remain now how does Phillip end in the "secondary" boat, so I might be wrong in one of my statements in this paragraph.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013, 07:48 AM by The chaser.)
10-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Heard a ton of good things from this movie. I heard that Tom Hank's performance was absolutely amazing in this.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-30-2013, 07:47 AM)The chaser Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Yeah, you're true, but let's take a look at the beggining: You assault a several million ship, and you search for a safe with (30.000?) dollars? If I were a pirate, I would think more of letting Phillips alive and doing the classical pirating act: I kidnap a ship with it's people, I drive it all the way to the coast, and I would ask for the rescue there. It has been a while since I haven't seen the film, but I don't remain now how does Phillip end in the "secondary" boat, so I might be wrong in one of my statements in this paragraph.

Spoiler below!
That was of course the pirates' original plan, but Phillips lied to them and said that the ship had malfunctioned (no power). Then when the pirates were ostensibly going to leave with the 30.000 dollars and call it a day, they kidnapped Phillips who they had as collateral to ensure they would get their leader back.

(10-30-2013, 08:44 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Heard a ton of good things from this movie. I heard that Tom Hank's performance was absolutely amazing in this.

It was, and the Somalian pirates were surprisingly good as well.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2013, 05:39 PM by Bridge.)
10-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

(10-30-2013, 05:37 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 07:47 AM)The chaser Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
That was of course the pirates' original plan, but Phillips lied to them and said that the ship had malfunctioned (no power). Then when the pirates were ostensibly going to leave with the 30.000 dollars and call it a day, they kidnapped Phillips who they had as collateral to ensure they would get their leader back.

Oh, it's true, I forgot that thing... yeah, now everything fits :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
10-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Find