Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What hides between Shadow and Light?
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: What hides between Shadow and Light?

Samoht dna Snej.
How can you be so sure it's not about DNA's? :o xD

People are taking these jokes too seriously... -.-

05-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Website Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

(05-27-2009, 10:22 AM)Scraper Wrote: Samoht dna Snej.
How can you be so sure it's not about DNA's? :o xD

People are taking these jokes too seriously... -.-

Tell me about it "It used 2 be about teh lulz"Sad::lol:

Not an image
05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Try using irony on the internets is like trying to put something into a potato chip without using your fingerprints and volume control.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
05-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Find
RockWorm Offline

Threads: 0

Has anyone found the correct answer yet?btw Im new here hi
06-12-2009, 02:08 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

No. Sadly... Sad:

And welcome to the forums!

06-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Website Find
DuckFiasco Offline

Threads: 0

Some things I've found about the two lines of letters:

* The first line has very different letter distribution versus the second, which makes me think a different keyword was used to encode it. The first: M (100%), I V S Z (83.3%), D W A Y Q P J F (66.6%)... The second: V (100%), S C (80%), J (60%), G O R M U I F (40%)... Even the first half of the first line seems to differ from its last half... lots of Vs to suddenly no Vs at all.
* The very uniform distribution of letters like that suggests a Vigenère square may be part of the encoding, since normal English has bigger differences in individual letter frequency. Though if you count lines one and two as a single cipher, the distribution isn't as uniform.
* The word "fibonacci" can be repeated enough times (fibonaccifibonacci...) to equal the number of letters in both the first and second lines. It might be the keyword if a Vigenère square was used.

My thought is that they started with a simple letter substitution, then possibly put it in a Caesar square, then put that through a Vigenère square. It's definitely a few things going on at once, though. I'm thinking those letter transformations have to do with the final simple letter substitution than with the initial code.

edit: I don't think it's a Vigenère square any more. I used a few tools online and got pretty good at cracking things encrypted that way, but can't for the life of me crack this code like that. The letter frequencies just won't resemble anything normal, no matter how long I try to make the keyword. So I guess it's back to pondering what the heck those numbers and sentence are for. Maybe the second code requires something from the first anagram code to solve?
06-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Find
mop Offline

Threads: 1

This drives me mad.
06-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

That's it! I'm sick of this! If the answer isn't revealed by tomorrow, I'm going to kill myself. I'm going to tie a noose and kill myself.

You hear that Thomas? Tell me the answer! What about you Jens? Do you want my death to be on your conscious?

Tell me!!!
07-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Find
ROT51 Offline

Threads: 3

Hmmm.. It would be interesting to know that answer. I also tried to find something clues, but i only found, i... really... just.. what the hell feelings. So i decided to not try this anymore. This topic is just a big pain in everyones ass!!!
07-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Find
Hanamgi Offline

Threads: 1

Might the answer be in swedish? ;3
07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Find