Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Religion
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Religion

"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around, and please don't try to shove it down my child's throat."
10-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(10-30-2013, 10:00 PM)Sampyli Wrote: "Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around, and please don't try to shove it down my child's throat."

goes for atheists aswell

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

The primary function of this thread is to protect other threads from becoming swamped by non-relevant debate. No one has to participate, but for those who want to discuss the topic, they now have a place in which they can do so without having their bottoms introduced to the Off-topic Cattle-prod™ (available in all good mod stores).
10-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-30-2013, 10:00 PM)Sampyli Wrote: "Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around, and please don't try to shove it down my child's throat."

</thread>

In all seriousness, though, when it comes to the "atheist vs religious people" debate:

10-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

Who started this? lol
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(10-30-2013, 10:40 PM)Cuyir Wrote: Who started this? lol

..God!

badum tss

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

(10-30-2013, 10:40 PM)Dogfood Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 10:40 PM)Cuyir Wrote: Who started this? lol

..God!

badum tss

Spoiler below!

10-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Are we gonna have to start another debate thread about the merits of having debate threads? XD

Please refrain from posting unless you want to actually contribute something half-relevant. I don't mean to sound like a dick (but I am one, so I can't help it) but 90% of this thread is now made up of people predicting a flame-war or saying how pointless the debate is. We can take it as read that anyone not participating in the thread probably feels this way, it doesn't need to be said.

Kreekakon & Ghieri are getting things off to a good start though! Heart
10-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(10-30-2013, 09:23 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 09:15 PM)Ghieri Wrote: True, but we have so many OTHER hypothesis to test before we even consider the possibility of a god.

I'm actually speaking from a scientific perspective here. It is wise to test the simplest explanations first. There is no "God Hypothesis" in the Scientific community because we have no conceivable way to test it.

So, open to consideration? Maybe when we've run out of better ideas.

Yeah, there's tons of theories to test before we can even get to God. You can test the other more likely hypothesis first, but all that does is put the religion theories (Which cannot be tested) at the end of the line with a tag on them still saying "Might be true. Do not discard"

It also doesn't help that we realistically know nothing about a God even if there was one. For all we know every single major religion in the world may have gotten him wrong, and he's still sitting up in the clouds eating a tub of ice cream massively disappointed that no one has guessed him right yet.

My biggest problem with it is that people, especially politicians still run with the idea without questioning it and thus have a world view that isn't consistent with reality. It influences their decision making, which in turn makes the lives of other people more miserable. "I believe my god wants me to make it so you have to either stop having sex completely or have 12 kids, so you'll bet your buttons that those are the only two choices you're going to get!"*

*Slightly exaggerated unless you live in the US.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

danny boy will make some basic "i dont like anyone whos religious but wont openly say it" amazing atheist-core argument and then dogfood will respond to it making some middle man "we can both agree and b happy" response and then ald will make a similar post to danny but more informed and reasonable and then your computer will make a post where its really not clear what point hes arguing or who hes talking to but formatted to seem like he is more informed and everyone else is below him and then bridge will respond to him basically telling him hes a basic bitch and then statyk will threaten to lock the thread kreekakon will be the middle man and try to calm everyone down and then danny will slam his dick around everywhere again and statyk will lock it there i just saved you from reading multiple walls of text youre welcome

Posting Freak
10-31-2013, 12:34 AM
Website Find