Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot make custom item icons
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Cannot make custom item icons

thank you, now one of the final steps will soon be over Big Grin
11-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

problem again :/ i used photoshop to erase the background and the Paint.Net to convert the image file into .tga. my first attempt was succesful! i overwrote the original laudanum image, and it's working. i made 3 more files, but there are white noises or whatever on them when i move the cursor over.. except the first one, all other attempts were failed, and i used the same erasing and converting method.. is there a solution for this? http://i.tinyuploads.com/Nh2qP0.jpg
11-13-2013, 02:41 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I do this by simply creating a new empty file in photoshop, and then copy-pasting my cut out icon into that new document, this usually erases all problems one might have with the alpha.
11-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Actually, I think your image is too small dimension wise. If I recall the coding, it reads the image from the top left corner rather than the center. Look over your Laudanum image and make the dimensions of your other things the same dimensions. I'm pretty sure that fixed it on my end when I was doing stuff to certain images.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
11-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

tried almost everything, i followed every step you have mentioned but still no good. i'm at 99,5% in completing my mod, just these goddamned images left to make. can someone make 7 absolutely working images for me? i guess it does not require too much time, i swear i tried eveything size, copying to blank image and so on but no good for me :/ i'll upload the images if someone can do this little thing for me Smile
11-15-2013, 01:32 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Perhaps add the image as an attachment and we can see what's up.
11-15-2013, 01:56 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

if you mean what my problem is, i included a link before which demonstrates the bug i've encountered. http://i.tinyuploads.com/Nh2qP0.jpg here again, if you didn't see Smile now i have these images which are in other formats mostly, i would like to use them in .tga format and without any white or black background in the game. http://www.mediafire.com/?6pf99a4qa1c3bup if you can help me in any way of finishing this last step of my mod, i would be much thankful ^^

i tried everything multiple times what Traggey and Romulator said, but i had no success, only one time, with my first try. the others all had problems, but i've created them in the same way as the first one..
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 03:22 AM by KiraImmortal.)
11-15-2013, 03:20 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Just rolling over your icons on my desktop, and knowing they are bitmaps, some do have a black background. This makes them not in .tga format Tongue

I'll have a look unless Statyk beats me to it. Got it!
Spoiler below!

Edit:
I literally just opened the key_study.bmp file in Paint.NET, and saved it over the key_study.tga file in .tga format.
32 bit and ticked the Compression box.

No issues on my end.

[Image: 2uialug.jpg]

Edit (2):
Found your problems
1) Being in bitmap, some had transparency kick in, some didn't. I removed any background color and then saved them as a .tga file.
2) The next thing I did was make sure ALL your images were the correct size, which is 60x60. Some were like 60x56 or something. This causes the white light illuminating behind the image. The white light only illuminates the image, not the transparency
3) I only tested the key_study.tga, as above because I decided I only needed to do one test and make everything else revolve around that.

The files I got in the end (the .tga's) can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ib2t2...I_hope.zip

Just overwrite your old ones with these ones. All of the above was accomplished in Paint.Net.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 07:42 AM by Romulator.)
11-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

i tried also this resize thing, i also saved these images in 60x60, and still got problems with the edges.. so i tested all (you haven't included the key_study.tga, but you said it's working, i trust that), and the bone_saw, inventory_battery, and quest_added.tga-s have white background still :/ thanks for the other ones by the way, you're already mentioned in the credits of my mod Smile if you can fix the others in a short time, that would be very good! please include the key_study also if you succeed
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 11:49 AM by KiraImmortal.)
11-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

(11-15-2013, 11:48 AM)KiraImmortal Wrote: you haven't included the key_study.tga, but you said it's working, i trust that.

Awh sh... xD It's in my Amnesia folder. No wonder it wasn't in the zip :o

In that case, I got no idea. Unless the actual images that you have redesigned have different sizes, then I got no issues.

There is no need to credit me Smile

11-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Find