Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If we were to have a Director's Cut...
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
If we were to have a Director's Cut...

What would you want in it?

I'm not keen on paying another $20 on a slightly modified version of A Machine For Pigs any time soon, but I'm thinking of how the developers remade Dear Esther. If we were to get a remake of AMFP, what changes would you like to see? I personally would want:

-More object interactivity
-Developer commentary
-More menacing encounters with Pigs i.e. have them actually break down doors and hunt you rather than disappear into ashes after you reach a certain point
-Voice-overs for the notes, because Toby Longworth has such a nice voice
-An expansion of the Pigline scene. The concept art implied that you'd literally be on the assembly line, but the final version's depiction of that level is underwhelming

Spoiler below!
This is a thread where you can suggest improvements for the game. It's not an invitation for passive aggressive complaining.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 11:53 PM by Alardem.)
11-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: If we were to have a Director's Cut...

They wouldn't change the encounters because then it'd change the dynamic of what they were trying to do.

Voice overs for the notes would be great cause they have some great voice actors.

Object interactivity? Sure.

And they only remade Dear Esther because it was a mod, just in case. Don't get your hopes up, lol.
11-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(11-09-2013, 12:03 AM)Cuyir Wrote: They wouldn't change the encounters because then it'd change the dynamic of what they were trying to do.

Voice overs for the notes would be great cause they have some great voice actors.

Object interactivity? Sure.

And they only remade Dear Esther because it was a mod, just in case. Don't get your hopes up, lol.

I'm aware of that. I just wanted a thread where people suggest what they think could have made the game better without being passive aggressive. :p
11-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(11-08-2013, 11:50 PM)Alardem Wrote: -More object interactivity

-More menacing encounters with Pigs i.e. have them actually break down doors and hunt you rather than disappear into ashes after you reach a certain point

-An expansion of the Pigline scene. The concept art implied that you'd literally be on the assembly line, but the final version's depiction of that level is underwhelming

Spoiler below!
This is a thread where you can suggest improvements for the game. It's not an invitation for passive aggressive complaining.
-Object interactivity would take a hit on the preformance of certain levels, especially levels like the mansion, since preformance is the main reason they made objects static.

-Agreed. No poofers pls (that second encounter in the holding pens might've been terrifying if the wretch didn't become a poofer after bashing down the door.) Another suggestion would be to introduce the Engineer monster earlier, since it was used in only two direct chase sequences. The centrifuge area, specifically the holding pens, would be ideal since you've already encountered the Wretch twice, and that that's where the Engineer was heard in the original Halloween trailer.

- sounds/events/pigline/the_pigline.ogg . So much wasted potential for a horribly messed up scene, enough said.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 12:41 AM by Potato.)
11-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

(11-09-2013, 12:37 AM)Potato Wrote: - sounds/events/pigline/the_pigline.ogg . So much wasted potential for a horribly messed up scene, enough said.

Glad I'm not the only one who was intrigued by that file!
11-09-2013, 05:28 AM
Find
Change Offline

Threads: 3

I just listened to that file, sounded like the piggies were having a good ol' time making pork chops. Tongue

They probably left that scene out because of animation constraints.

11-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

A:AMFP had such great potential for scares and down right disturbing scenes. I was freaked out by pigline.ogg but was disappointed that they didn't use, maybe just as Change said but they could have still have the audio playing in background. They could have added a really good chase in the sewers with the engineer manpig with claustrophobic hallways.
11-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I really want to be in the piglines, that was the thing that excited me the most from the concept art but we never got to. Pretty sad

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
11-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

More exploration I would say(opening up some locked doors,adding extra rooms and such), and taking use of that extra exploration to add in some extra notes and storytelling to clear up some things. I know a lot of people felt very confused after AAMFP and that even the ones who got it have a lot of disagreements as to exactly what went down.
11-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(11-10-2013, 03:30 PM)The Mug Wrote: More exploration I would say(opening up some locked doors,adding extra rooms and such), and taking use of that extra exploration to add in some extra notes and storytelling to clear up some things. I know a lot of people felt very confused after AAMFP and that even the ones who got it have a lot of disagreements as to exactly what went down.

That would be cool. Smile
11-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Find