Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Music For Monsters and Custom afAmounts
T122002 Offline

Threads: 10
Custom Music For Monsters and Custom afAmounts

Hi everybody!
I have a quick question to ask. I was wondering how can you change the music for monsters when they spawn instead of the default music that plays? Also how can you make it so when they spot you, the music intensifies until they're in a full sprint mode?
If you've played Amnesia: Obscurity--which is a fantastic story--when you're being chased by a monster, there is a completely different sound that plays. How can I change the music for this?

Another question that came to mind is, is it possible to change the afAmounts of certain entities? An example would be like, a normal oil potion will give you 25% extra oil. BUT, is there a way to change this so it will give you, say, 10% oil instead of 25%? Or a Laudanum or Sanity Potion will give you less or more of what that potion is used for?
I don't think its possible, but it was just a random question that came to mind. But I think it could be a little cool thing to do in a story so it really makes the player be more conservative with their stuff?
11-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Custom Music For Monsters and Custom afAmounts

for example if you want to play new music when the brute appears, grab the servant_brute.ent from the amnesia/redist/entities/enemy/servant_brute folder, make a copy of it, rename it like servant_brute_newmusic.ent, open it up in notepad. search for these lines in it:

<Var Name="DangerMusic" Value="dan_brute.ogg" />
<Var Name="DangerMusicPrio" Value="0" />
<Var Name="SearchMusic" Value="search_brute.ogg" />
<Var Name="SearchMusicPrio" Value="0" />
<Var Name="AttackMusic" Value="att_brute.ogg" />
<Var Name="AttackMusicPrio" Value="0" />

These are user-defined variables. If you want to change the music, put your music file (in .ogg format) to the amnesia/redist/music folder, and simple change the

<Var Name="DangerMusic" Value="dan_brute.ogg" />

line for example to

<Var Name="DangerMusic" Value="yourmusicname.ogg" />

(yourmusicname is the name that your music has in the music folder) and then do the same with the other two musics, if you have new ones for those also.
There is one when the enemy activates, when it searches for you and when it sees you.

That's it. I hope you understand Smile
There are other ways to change the monsters' music, but this is the easiest way.

For your other question. It's not very different. Copy the oil entity, rename it potion_oil_small for example, open it.
Search for this line:

<Var Name="OilAmount" Value="25" />

and change the "25" to "10" for example.
Almost the same for the other potions, i think you can do it yourself Wink

REMEMBER, always make copies of these entities, do not overwrite any original files, if you want to release any custom stuff!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM by KiraImmortal.)
11-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

just saying you can also change user defined variables from the model editor
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Find
KiraImmortal Offline

Threads: 32

yes as i've said there are other ways. but for people with no experience with the hpl model editor i guess this way is easier Big Grin
11-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Find