Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress A Forgotten Memory
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
A Forgotten Memory

This is basically a total remake of a custom story that I worked on long time ago. It was shit. Decided to work on it again.

STORY:
Spoiler below!

The year is 1906. You are an architect named Arthur Gregory. You have been hired by well-known author and former chemist, Harry Vreus, to renovate his newly bought house. It all went without a hitch until you went down to the Cellar to check the workers' progress.

What did you find?

FEATURES:
Spoiler below!
  • Some new models made by me
  • AAMFP assets
  • A great composition by Bridge
  • Weather system (this includes thunder strikes, changing skies, etc.
  • A story made according to most of your choices in game
  • Voice Acting

RELEASE DATE:
Spoiler below!

Late November 2013 - Early December 2013.

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler below!

Bedroom

[Image: 443paZe.png]

Main Hall

[Image: 0I2QMCz.png]

Front Courtyard

[Image: ntBf8RB.png]

Wine Cellar

[Image: uXeSbwC.png]

*Maps are in constant change, so sometimes the screenshots are not accurate

LOG:
Spoiler below!

- Done making some parts of the map
- Announces custom story
- Fixed story
- Added interactive story
- Added Weather Systems
- Added screenshot

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014, 05:32 AM by PutraenusAlivius.)
11-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17
RE: A Forgotten Memory

I Like the backstory, its not the "you wake up in some (CENSORED)!!!" cliche. When you can, post some screenshots so people can see what to expect from this project.

The International Narcotics Traffic
11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

You should try to have someone fix up your grammar as well. There are a couple very noticeable errors in the backstory.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(11-12-2013, 01:33 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: STORY:

The year is 1906. You are an architect named Arthur Gregory. You have been hired by well-known author and former chemist, Harry Vreus, to renovate his newly bought house. It all went all went without a hitch until you went down to the Wine Cellar to check the workers' progress.

What did you find?

Fixed it for you:
Must-change is red
- the word 'noveller' does not exist - the proper word is author
- you forgot a couple of commas
- once you have introduced a character as the reader, refer to them as 'you' from then on.
- 'found' would not have been correct either way
Personal-preferences are green
- If you're going to use "you are" instead of "your name is", then it would be best to put the defining trait before their name
- You have sounds more proper than "you've", but I'm not sure if there's a reason for that
- Assuming that you (Arthur) is checking on how his plans are implemented by the construction workers, just maintains clarity.

There's probably more, but I'm tired and I still have a chemistry lab to write up.

Edit: My editing colour choices are a colour-blind person's worst nightmare.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 04:48 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
11-13-2013, 04:47 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

(11-12-2013, 01:33 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: The year is 1906. You are an architect named Arthur Gregory. You have been hired by well-known author and former chemist, Harry Vreus, to renovate his newly bought house. It all went all went without a hitch until you went down to the Wine Cellar to check the workers' progress.

Also, pretty sure "Wine Cellar" shouldn't have any upper case letters.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 11:20 AM by GrAVit.)
11-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Screenshots are added!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
11-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(11-15-2013, 10:10 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Screenshots are added!
I think the 3 first are alright(not bad not amazing)
But the last one is disturbing to look at. The plank planes do not at all fit into the environment, their tiling appears too big and the lighting does not at all help. There's also pointlights clipping through the wall,and on the floor it also becomes very clear that this texture has a major problem with not being tileable, as it is brighter in one end making the seams visible and ugly to look at.
Though I assume you're in a sort of blocking out the level stage of development right now, I just remind you that there's a lot of room for details in your screenshots that is not being used at all.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 12:26 PM by WALP.)
11-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(11-15-2013, 12:24 PM)The Mug Wrote:
But the last one is disturbing to look at. The plank planes do not at all fit into the environment, their tiling appears too big and the lighting does not at all help. There's also pointlights clipping through the wall,and on the floor it also becomes very clear that this texture has a major problem with not being tileable, as it is brighter in one end making the seams visible and ugly to look at.
Though I assume you're in a sort of blocking out the level stage of development right now, I just remind you that there's a lot of room for details in your screenshots that is not being used at all.

I actually made the basics first, then make the details later on.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(11-15-2013, 12:37 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(11-15-2013, 12:24 PM)The Mug Wrote:

I actually made the basics first, then make the details later on.
Thats exactly what I mean by "blocking out the level", so we seem to have come to an understanding.
11-15-2013, 12:54 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Oh yeah I forgot. Most of your choices affects the story, but not that big. Once you're done playing the CS, play it again, but with different choices. The ending is different too. Sometimes.

Also, the time of the day when you were done playing it tells how long did you play. This is because of the constant sky and lighting changes because of the weather systems.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
11-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Find