Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Justine with an older Version
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Getting Justine with an older Version

To use the method Jens suggested:

1. Download the Justine expansion from here (under Windows, click 2011 May 17, Amnesia: The Dark Descent 1.2 Update);

2. Run the Setup and choose to install the update on your Desktop. To do so, click "Browse..." and then select the Desktop folder by navigating to "Local Disk (C:) > Users > [your Windows account name] > Desktop";

3. Click "Next" and make sure to tick the box "Don't create a Start Menu folder" (to prevent the possibility of having duplicate shortcuts, the one you already had and a new one pointing to the Desktop installation);

4. Click "Next" and confirm the destination location: "C:\Users\[your Windows account name]\Desktop\Amnesia - The Dark Descent";

5. Install.

Now comes the tricky part. You have to manually copy the update files from the Amnesia folder on your Desktop, into the folder of your current Amnesia installation.

a. Open the "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" folder on your Desktop; it should have the following content:

[Image: jo2j.png]

b. Select the redist folder only, and copy it;

c. Now find your original Amnesia installation directory and open it. Paste the copied items. You will be asked if you want to merge the 'redist' folder and replace any existing files with the same names; choose Yes;

Note: Make sure that you're not copying the update files into the Amnesia folder located in the Documents folder; this is just where your save files and game settings are kept.

d. You should now be able to play Justine!

e. Delete the "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" folder from your Desktop.

_______

Edit 1 (19/11/2013):

- Corrected the instructions, as recommended by plutomaniac.

Edit 2 (14/05/2014):

- Updated the link to download the Justine expansion. The old link was http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/98, which now redirects to the Support section of the forum;

- Tweaked the instructions a little to make them more clear.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 10:12 PM by Ashtoreth.)
11-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Just a small correction. At step 5b I suggest you copy only the redist folder because from my experience the uninstall files won't work on a different directory. I think they are bound to the installation folder which in that case is the Desktop.
11-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks for the correction, pluto! I didn't actually copy the files into my ATDD folder (because I already have an updated version of the game and I didn't want to screw up anything lol), so I wasn't completely sure if everything would work from that point on. Smile

11-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Yes, I know that - don't worry about it. I meant for people who want to follow this mini-guide. Basically at 5b is should say "Select redist folder and copy it". That's all, nice work btw! Smile
11-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

I updated the instructions. Thanks again! Wink

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 05:40 AM by Ashtoreth.)
11-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
SquirrelLuvsPnut Offline

Threads: 5

Sorry, I've been gone for a bit...
*follows instructions*
Holy smokes it worked! Thank you so much guys! I honestly would never have figured out how to do that on my own.
11-25-2013, 04:12 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

I'm glad it worked! Thanks for the feedback.

11-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Find
Mina6871 Offline

Threads: 0

Thanks
11-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Find