Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few weird observations
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
A few weird observations

I managed to replay the whole game a second time in one go, and noticed a few bizarre details.

1. The bust of the Aztec man in Mandus' living room (where you find the first phonograph) had a pig-mask on it this time around. Randomized mask spawns can be hilarious.

2. Prior to the Tesla-Pig encounter, you can sneak around the Orgone containers and find find a dead Pig lying on a lower level. Seems like a hint at the Tesla-Pig's danger. Or it could be a call-back to how you literally murdered a Pig in the previous level.

3. The 'teleportation' in the Tesla Tower is a mental assault on Mandus. Right before you reach the center where the heart powering the machine is located, the Machine throws a last-ditch attempt at killing you - as represented by the Tesla-Pig. When you escape the guardian, you end up in the exact same spot prior to being teleported.

4. Lily's ghost seems to haunt the Tesla chambers, as you can hear her humming in those areas (the relevant sound files are noted as 'ghost'). She hums 'Dieses Herz' right after you activate the tesla coils required to blow up the heart - this version is called "Lily" in the official soundtrack.

5. After activating the Machine, the sign right above the maps spread through each level becomes more sinister. First it's "We are the Pig. We are all the Pig", then "Stophimstophimstophim" and finally ending with "..."

6. The theme you hear following the activation of the Machine's nuclear rods is called "Lifting the Veil". That is a literal translation of the Greek word "Apocalypse".
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 04:56 AM by Alardem.)
11-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: A few weird observations

on 2 I would just like to say that if you're quick you will also see the tesla pig down there, dont know if you be able to see it attacking the pig or just running away though.
11-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

It's small, yet meaningful things like these that contribute so much to my love of this game. They're fun to find.

11-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(11-30-2013, 01:27 PM)The Mug Wrote: on 2 I would just like to say that if you're quick you will also see the tesla pig down there, dont know if you be able to see it attacking the pig or just running away though.

Yeah, I recall that.

Additionally, Mandus' trucks are powered by human bio-fuel. Building off that, the note left on the truck blocking the church was likely written by an Engineer Pig -this is supported by the note written by a transforming Pig in the laboratory, and the Pig seen writing in the sewers.
11-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

You can see an Engineer pig driving a truck outside an office in the factory level.

And there's a secret note and scene involving the pig mask at the end of the streets level.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
12-01-2013, 04:20 AM
Find