Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague Installation Freezing at Tower_winleaf.tga
Frustratedgamer Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black Plague Installation Freezing at Tower_winleaf.tga

I can't install my PBP. It installs all the way up to Tower_winleaf.tga and then just locks up. When I try and end the process with task manager it just completely locks up my system and I have to reboot using the reboot button on my chassis front panel, after which it boots up and runs scan disk.

Also, the PBP files on my hard drive are near impossible to manipulate. I've had to delete the files almost individually to remove what's there from my system and the tower files are especially sensitive (I can barely move any of them). I managed to get them into my recycle bin but when I clicked to empty the recycle bin it locked my system up and I had to re-boot via the front panel. If I'm going to empty my recycle bin I'm going to have to delete the files manually one, two or three at a time.

It's a brand new clean disc, just opened and run for the first time.

Thanks in advance for advice.
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Find
Frustratedgamer Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black Plague Installation Freezing at Tower_winleaf.tga

I've finally got it to install by running the installation with my virus checker turned off. Hope that helps anybody with a similar problem.
10-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black Plague Installation Freezing at Tower_winleaf.tga

thank you for the information. been appreciated
10-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Find