Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you think this looks interesting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes,
75.00%
36 75.00%
No,
25.00%
12 25.00%
Total 48 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
PREMONITION ; "first" RELEASE! Link is Inside. (Updated)
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: PREMONITION ; "first" RELEASE! Link is Inside.

I have no power over MODDB, what happens there is beyond me.
01-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

As I have understood (guessed) the chronological order of events:

1. Humiliation, dnalange and Summer work on Investigator together. Humiliation and dnalange does mapping while Summer does story writing.
2. Humiliation is having trouble finding motivation to finish his mod, so he decides to 'merge' his mod with Premonition.
3. After a while dnalange has worked on the maps made by Humiliation, changed them in such a way that dnalange now believes him to be (entitled to almost be) the creator of them.

Although this is not applicable in this case: http://painting.about.com/cs/artistscopy...htfaq6.htm
http://painting.about.com/od/copyrightforartistsfaq/

It can serve as some sort of guideline. I interpret making maps and modding in this kind of way is in the grayzone of an idea/finished concept. You do not own the assets, just (your idea) the way of arranging them. Either way..

4. dnalange threatens to uncredit Humiliation. In the end that is not done. With the help of another person he rewrites the story written by Summer in such a way that he believes it to be unrecognizable from the original. Summer is removed from the credits. I do not know how similiar the stories are.
5. Mod is released, a few weeks after the talk with humiliation. Humiliation has sometime during these weeks changed his mind about the maps. Hell breaks loose in this thread.

The above might be totally wrong, it's just me trying to arrange my thoughts on the process of this.

I always believe that you have to be careful when handling other people's work. Along the way to release there has to be checkpoints, multiple discussions as to the fact that you are using something made by someone else - at least if that work is given to you through a private discussion and not an 'open agreement' (eg. 'here is my piece of music, anyone may use it as long as they link back to this site').

That to avoid confusion and keep on good terms of understanding between the giver and reciever of the work. Technically someone is free to use your work as soon as you give 'the green light', so be aware of the gravity of that decision if you are a giver of work. In the end you want to avoid shitstorms like this, so try to be nice to people; not only to avoid arguments but because that is a good way to approach life. Being nice in this case is having the giver in on the process all the way and properly appreciating the favour they have done in sharing with you.

As I see it Summer has not been credited or contacted on the fact that his work was used. It might be so that Summer's work is so changed that it is unrecognizable, it might be that it's not. Either way, going by the 'being nice principle' I think that Summer should have been contacted and asked about the fact that his work was going to be used in this way. I also believe that it would be courtesy to credit him, or at least acknowledge the work he put into the story.

TLDR;
Dnalange is technically correct in using Humiliations work. He might be technically correct in using Summer's work, he might not be. But you can't go around life stepping on people's toes. Trying to be nice and reaching an understanding goes a long way! Also, if you are 'a giver of work' be careful when sharing it and be 100% sure of your decision when giving someone 'the green light' to use it. You might have put a lot of love and thought into it, so put a lot of thought into the decision.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 05:25 PM by Acies.)
01-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

(01-10-2014, 05:21 PM)Acies Wrote: As I have understood (guessed) the chronological order of events:

1. Humiliation, dnalange and Summer work on Investigator together. Humiliation and dnalange does mapping while Summer does story writing.
2. Humiliation is having trouble finding motivation to finish his mod, so he decides to 'merge' his mod with Premonition.
3. After a while dnalange has worked on the maps made by Humiliation, changed them in such a way that dnalange now believes him to be (entitled to almost be) the creator of them.

There's a serious bit here that I think a lot of the previous misunderstandings of the screenshot that was posted as "proof" of permission to use the three specific maps was caused by.

The order of events (though these are just my words against his) was a bit more like:

1. HumiliatioN and DnaLange work on Investigator which is shown in the intro, the first map, and several other locations to have the text "Created by DnaLange & HumiliatioN." I am brought in for storywriting on Investigator.

2. HumiliatioN isn't working as fast as wanted by Lange/HumiliatioN loses interest (whichever) Lange expresses this feeling to me and the thought that he should just make the project on his own. I (having never spoken to Humi up to this point) agree with Lange. The idea of creating a mod on our own is brought up, as well as how to proceed with the issue of using humiliation's assets without crediting him as a co-creator

It is important to note that even at this point "Premonition" has yet to exist anywhere but in Lange's mind. Investigator was what were all worked on, discussed, and contributed to. It's likely that HumiliatioN was referring to Investigator in the screenshot that was used, I will have to ask him and see.

There's a lot more to clear up but in general you have the right idea on how things were repackaged, but this time into a new mod that stripped the "branding" from multiple locations.

I'll post more on this in a bit, sorry if this post seems a bit rushed but I'm rather sick at the moment. Working on speaking with HumiliatioN so he can point out some additional UNCREDITED use of map portions (copy and paste essentially, and not from previously mentioned maps)

Either way, we're still pursuing this issue to provide proof in the best way possible that there are further infractions. Just thought I'd provide an update on my end.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 12:29 AM by SUMMER^.)
01-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Find
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10

Does it really matter? Humiliation said he could use the maps and he used them and credited him, is how he used them really important? To be honest I don't even get what the big deal is, the maps weren't all that amazing and I don't think Humiliation is even making mods anymore.. From what I've seen, most of the mod was made by DnaLange and he definitely put far, far more time into it than Humiliation. Making accusations and leaving bad ratings with nothing to actually back it up with and ruining the release of the mod doesn't really help anyone. I agree the way DnaLange handled it has been pretty bad but I don't think he deserves all the hate he's getting. In the end it's just a free mod!

Closure ModDB page:

[Image: 16LO8Sx]
01-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(01-11-2014, 01:22 AM)ExpectedIdentifier Wrote: To be honest I don't even get what the big deal is, the maps weren't all that amazing and I don't think Humiliation is even making mods anymore..

That is besides the point.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
01-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

As I said earlier for all the ppl here on this thread, I really don't care anymore my point is here and what is really true: Dnalange still stole my content and I have more proof If you want that someone need more evidence to reveal dnalage true side, but yeah if someone thinks here It doesn't matter how much content dnalange stoled from me. Then fine I'm not gonna bother if most people think this way now.

Worst part is now dnalange thinks still I'm gonna use his content now and payback to him. Think twice if you think same way. I'm not kind of that stupid guy.

Seriously I will continue mods when I have time again, but I think I make all by myself because I know now one really bad thief here and not gonna make that mistake again. I don't care if you people are againts my words, but my statement stands and shortly: Dnalange is the thief here and stays that way if his not deleting "my content" on "premonition" mod.

“Life is a game, play it”
01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Find

(01-11-2014, 08:20 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 01:22 AM)ExpectedIdentifier Wrote: To be honest I don't even get what the big deal is, the maps weren't all that amazing and I don't think Humiliation is even making mods anymore..

That is besides the point.

I'm just saying that this thread is getting kind of ridiculous for what it is. He has shown that Humiliation gave him permission to use the maps (even though I still think the way he handled it was pretty bad). That should be the end of it unless someone provides proof that he has actually done anything wrong apart from acting childish (although he's not the only one acting like that really, is he?). Innocent until proven guilty I say. Going to stop posting now as I don't really like taking sides.

Closure ModDB page:

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 03:13 PM by ExpectedIdentifier.)
01-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(01-11-2014, 12:01 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 05:21 PM)Acies Wrote: As I have understood (guessed) the chronological order of events:

There's a serious bit here that I think a lot of the previous misunderstandings of the screenshot that was posted as "proof" of permission to use the three specific maps was caused by.

The order of events (though these are just my words against his) was a bit more like:

1. HumiliatioN and DnaLange work on Investigator which is shown in the intro, the first map, and several other locations to have the text "Created by DnaLange & HumiliatioN." I am brought in for storywriting on Investigator.

2. HumiliatioN isn't working as fast as wanted by Lange/HumiliatioN loses interest (whichever) Lange expresses this feeling to me and the thought that he should just make the project on his own. I (having never spoken to Humi up to this point) agree with Lange. The idea of creating a mod on our own is brought up, as well as how to proceed with the issue of using humiliation's assets without crediting him as a co-creator

It is important to note that even at this point "Premonition" has yet to exist anywhere but in Lange's mind. Investigator was what were all worked on, discussed, and contributed to. It's likely that HumiliatioN was referring to Investigator in the screenshot that was used, I will have to ask him and see.

There's a lot more to clear up but in general you have the right idea on how things were repackaged, but this time into a new mod that stripped the "branding" from multiple locations.

I'll post more on this in a bit, sorry if this post seems a bit rushed but I'm rather sick at the moment. Working on speaking with HumiliatioN so he can point out some additional UNCREDITED use of map portions (copy and paste essentially, and not from previously mentioned maps)

Either way, we're still pursuing this issue to provide proof in the best way possible that there are further infractions. Just thought I'd provide an update on my end.

This statement is 100% True! And we can add more evidence later on if that is necessary anymore.

“Life is a game, play it”
01-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I'm not taking sides or anything, but is it really suitable to continue this topic in THIS thread specifically? Despite all these claims, evidence and things, this thread was originally here to promote the mod was it not?

Whether it is understandable from my point of view, it really makes the last few pages, even as serious as they are, sort of off topic from the original purpose of this thread. Things may have been stolen, edited and stuff, but the thread is still here, we can still post and the page is still on moddb. As much as I do not want to deter people from the thread, it just seems a bit unnecessary to continue these claims in this thread. I do not really want to up the post/view count on here simply because I want to know how this is developing rather than looking at reviews and/or questions about the mod itself.

Just my opinion.

Edit: Also to, this thread is in the showcase section. Would think that showcasing is primarily for announcements of a completed mod. Once again, Just my opinion.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM by Romulator.)
01-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Find

(01-14-2014, 02:46 PM)Romulator Wrote: I'm not taking sides or anything, but is it really suitable to continue this topic in THIS thread specifically? Despite all these claims, evidence and things, this thread was originally here to promote the mod was it not?

This.

Closure ModDB page:

01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Find