Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates?
WaterMinecraft Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Updates?

I know y'all are probably hard at work trying to work on a patch for the Amnesia:The Dark Descent for Mavericks. But can y'all give us any updates? (: I know we'd all be really happy with some! (: Thank you!
12-10-2013, 01:57 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Updates?

It is in the works, but it is part of a patch with other fixes/changes as well so it takes a while until release. Would be great if it got out before the holidays, but most likely it will take until January.
12-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Website Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

And I don't know anything about Mavericks because I am a Windows user, but until the patch is available, this may be of help: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...=Mavericks

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Find
WaterMinecraft Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks jens! (: That's great news!!

And thank you Rom. (: I tried following that, but because I purchased from Steam, they set it up very differently than the way described. I was trying to mess around, setting up different paths with Terminal, but nothing seemed to work.
12-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

And what about the long delayed AAMFP patch?
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(12-10-2013, 07:32 PM)Googolplex Wrote: And what about the long delayed AAMFP patch?

One thing at any given time, otherwise mistakes and mistakes. Patience.
12-11-2013, 12:35 AM
Find
vaudeville Offline

Threads: 0

Hi there! I was just about to continue my journey through ATDD when I stumbled upon this problem. Given that's mid-January already and it's been some time since the last staff updates on this issue, do you have any news? Are you expecting to release the updates any time soon? Will Penumbra also be updated? Thanks.
01-19-2014, 01:30 AM
Find
tulleychamp3 Offline

(12-10-2013, 08:36 AM)jens Wrote: It is in the works, but it is part of a patch with other fixes/changes as well so it takes a while until release. Would be great if it got out before the holidays, but most likely it will take until January.
What about the Editor Suite for making Custom Stories? I am running on Mavericks 10.9.1 and got an error with this prefix: "OSStatusError" when trying to open the editors. I tried with both the automatic installations and the manual installations from the frictional games wiki. Will we see an update for that soon?
01-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Find
vaudeville Offline

I find it appalling the way Frictional Games seems to be dealing with this issue. There are inumerous fans of your games trying to complete (or even start) one of your older games and since Mac OS was updates to Mavericks (almost 4 months ago !!!), they are unable to do it.

If you ask me, it sounds like Frictional Games are now just interested in getting our monies from "A Machine for Pigs", and don't really care about us being able to play the older games.

Honestly, I didn't buy the "Machine For Pigs" yet because I wanted to finish "A Dark Descent" first. And by the sounds of it, I might never be able to try the new one.
02-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(02-09-2014, 01:15 PM)vaudeville Wrote: If you ask me, it sounds like Frictional Games are now just interested in getting our monies from "A Machine for Pigs", and don't really care about us being able to play the older games.

If you came here just to say that, I would be careful what you say next.
Updates are coming. Whether you believe me or not is up to you, because I do not work for FrictionalGames. This thread, even though is primarily for importing AAMFP assets into ATDD, is one update which has been announced, which is also somewhat outdated, is still being worked on.

FrictionalGames are also working on their next project SOMA, and the administration team here have constantly been reminding us to be patient in waiting for a new update to support OS Mavericks. The solution to the problem, even if it has been four months, is in fact still not determined as of yet.

If you are really desperate to go through ATDD, then I would look at this thread, which is a workaround while you wait for the update. Many users can agree that it works, but it is untested on my end because I use a Windows PC.

As plutomaniac said a little earlier in the post:
plutomaniac Wrote:One thing at any given time, otherwise mistakes and mistakes. Patience.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2014, 01:29 PM by Romulator.)
02-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Find