Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Effect Modification
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
Sound Effect Modification

Hey there community. I'm searching for a specific sound effect used in A:AMFP. The one i've found was under "...\sounds\events\intro\00_intro_machine.ogg". At around 0:44 seconds you hear this loud bass thing where it goes from the machine to normal. The problem here is, if i try to just cut this out and make it fade in a bit, you can still hear the guy in the background shouting (not sure what he says Tongue). So i'm asking here if there is a version of this unedited somewhere or if someone would be willing to edit the version to filter that out (if that is even possible). I have zero experience in sound editing and i would be grateful if someone would help me out.

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 03:02 PM by RaideX.)
12-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Sound Effect Modification

I'll have a look. No promises though.
Hehe, finally get a reason to use Audacity again xD

---EDIT---

Dunno if it's my ears (may have to get my Turtle Beach out), but is it the noise which you hear practically before and after the "high tick" or what sounds like a Triangle (instrument.... Tongue) that fades out the sound?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 03:27 PM by Romulator.)
12-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

(12-13-2013, 03:21 PM)Romulator Wrote: I'll have a look. No promises though.
Hehe, finally get a reason to use Audacity again xD

---EDIT---

Dunno if it's my ears (may have to get my Turtle Beach out), but is it the noise which you hear practically before and after the "high tick" or what sounds like a Triangle (instrument.... Tongue) that fades out the sound?

not sure. it's like a really LOUD boom (now that i think of it, it could be a triangle xD). But it's the sound right before (in the game) the kids say "daddy, daddy". Maybe that helps. Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 03:30 PM by RaideX.)
12-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Well, if what I have is correct, I tried to remove that annoying triangle Tongue but there is still a kind of boom noise at 0:44, which is the sound of the machine either suddenly stopping or dying down. All I know is that you hear it build up for like half a second, then the triangle thing, then the fade..

Perhaps have a look and tell me if I need to change anything Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmxh01...achine.ogg

---Edit---
Feeling stupid, listening to it again, I can hear that silly triangle noise thing again :'( Being 2am now, maybe someone can take over. I can probably do something about it later in the day, about 14 hours from this post haha. Feel free to use my sound clip. It's basically a Vocal Remover Effect from about 43-46 seconds to try and lower the pitch of the triangle sound.

Never mind seems to be okay xD

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 04:03 PM by Romulator.)
12-13-2013, 03:37 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

(12-13-2013, 03:37 PM)Romulator Wrote: Well, if what I have is correct, I tried to remove that annoying triangle Tongue but there is still a kind of boom noise at 0:44, which is the sound of the machine either suddenly stopping or dying down. All I know is that you hear it build up for like half a second, then the triangle thing, then the fade..

Perhaps have a look and tell me if I need to change anything Smile
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmxh01...achine.ogg

---Edit---
Feeling stupid, listening to it again, I can hear that silly triangle noise thing again :'( Being 2am now, maybe someone can take over. I can probably do something about it later in the day, about 14 hours from this post haha.

that is perfect. thanks for that. i can now just cut the part out. ty a ton :3

12-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

You're welcome :3 Hope it all goes well! Big Grin

It's basically a Vocal Remover Effect from about 43-46 seconds to try and lower the pitch of the triangle sound, as using noise remover practically ruins it Tongue

Vocal Remover however looks at the "middle" of a sound file. Surprisingly, because the ding is so loud, Audacity takes it as voice, so it toned it down a fair bit :3

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 04:05 PM by Romulator.)
12-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

Ok, for everyone interested i've uploaded my final version of this thing. I've basically just cut it faded it in.

https://www.mediafire.com/?x76uisabxwmysr9

12-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Find