Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
modpasta
DreamScripters Offline

Threads: 4
RE: modpasta

I remember the time that I played the first couple of maps of the actual Amnesia story with my dev_user profile (debug mode) and I didn't realize it. What happened was that when FG was making amnesia they added condition statements in the map scripting that would check if debug mode was on ("if(ScriptDebugOn() == true);") and when checked if it was true it would give the player items to progress through the game faster for debugging purposes (Ex: I found acid in my inventory without even making it. Reason was because you could go straight to dissolving the "red matter" blocking the one door on the third level without spending the time to make it.). And I didn't know this at the time so I was actually getting mad and paranoid because I had absolutely no idea to what was causing this. So, I completely uninstalled Amnesia then re-installed it. After that I went into it again with the same account and sadly it still didn't click to me and obviously the same thing happened because unlike the actual Amnesia content, profiles don't get deleted when un-installing Amnesia. So, at that point I was just about to wipe my computer because of my literal paranoia before I realized my stupidity. d:

The one other thing that happened to me wasn't something I didn't know how it was happening. Instead, I actually completely forgot about it. I scripted in a scare in my custom story (it is a jump scare yes XD) that when approaching this certain closet it would actually play the iron maiden scare sound when it flung open at godspeed all while setting a dead hanging corpse in it too XD. Was not expecting it at all and completely caught me off guard and made me jump really bad lol. But other than that I assume there's been even more weird stuff that has happened to me. But can't say in the last year I have had anything unexplainable happen to me. But, its always fun to read other peoples stories about this. Tongue

[Image: header.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 02:23 AM by DreamScripters.)
12-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Website Find