Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level doors problem
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
Level doors problem

For some reason when I enter a particular map, the level door behind me (which will take me back to the previous map) doesn't respond. There won't be the door symbol or the text showing the name of the map the door leads to. It's as if the level door is just a static object. If I hug the door real close, I will briefly see the door symbol but it'll disappear immediately.

Strangely enough, if I throw a crate at the door, the door totally works fine again (door symbol and map name text is there, and I can access it). What?

Here are the coordinates of the door relative to the door frame:

Door frame:

X: -34.75
Y: 0
Z: 11

Door:

X: -34.74
Y: 0.08
Z: 11

Everything regarding the door is fine, including startpos, text entry, and map loaded. No other property has been changed.

Edit: The coding is not part of the problem. I completely deleted my .hps file related to this map and the problem with the level door still persists.

Edit 2: Might be related, but whenever I check "create on surface" when dragging in entities for just this map, HPL2 lags really bad for no reason. In every other map there is absolutely no lag. There is also no lag in this specific map if "En" beside "create on surface" is not checked.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 08:24 AM by Froge.)
12-21-2013, 04:55 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Level doors problem

If there's a script area near it's possible it doesn't allow any interaction with anything inside the area.

The issue is strange though 0_0

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Try another level door?

12-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

^Did that, still no cigar.

Edit 3: I solved the problem, but I don't know how. I think it's an issue with the OSX system itself (I'm modding on a macbook pro). I loaded up the exact same custom story on my windows 7 laptop and I had absolutely no issue either. The strangest thing is, after adding some entities in the map on windows 7 and then transferring it back to my mac, it worked completely fine when I played the map again in OSX. It's as if the very process of accessing the map in windows remedied the problem.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 07:53 AM by Froge.)
12-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Find