Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IFC Export
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
IFC Export

Hey there.

How does one export his finished isolated full conversion without tools that do it for them (because i seem to not get it to work with the amntool).

They way i've done it is that i edit my maps while using all the statics and entitys from the main game (including the amfp assets) and sounds/music.

Then i would run the amntool to get the missing stuff into my full conversion and it should be done with.
But that brings problems.

So my question is:

should i put everything that MIGHT get used in the conversion into the conversion folder and just life with the increased filesize or should i put the stuff into the main amnesia folder and get the pieces together bit by bit until everything needed is there?

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
12-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

Threads: 47
RE: IFC Export

(12-21-2013, 09:09 PM)RaideX Wrote: Hey there.

How does one export his finished isolated full conversion without tools that do it for them (because i seem to not get it to work with the amntool).

They way i've done it is that i edit my maps while using all the statics and entitys from the main game (including the amfp assets) and sounds/music.

Then i would run the amntool to get the missing stuff into my full conversion and it should be done with.

So my question is:

should i put everything that MIGHT get used in the conversion into the conversion folder and just life with the increased filesize or should i put the stuff into the main amnesia folder and get the pieces together bit by bit until everything needed is there?

Any files that are going to be used in your custom story/full conversion should be placed within the custom story/full conversion folder. It won't hurt to put all of your assets into your game folder since you will use what you want and later when finished, discard additional files elsewhere but since there on your computer anyway, you might at well place them where you need them most instead of having copies and/or having to relocate the source of the assets from the editors. Hope this helps.

-Grind to the Gore-
12-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

(12-21-2013, 10:49 PM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:

So my question is:

Any files that are going to be used in your custom story/full conversion should be placed within the custom story/full conversion folder. It won't hurt to put all of your assets into your game folder since you will use what you want and later when finished, discard additional files elsewhere but since there on your computer anyway, you might at well place them where you need them most instead of having copies and/or having to relocate the source of the assets from the editors. Hope this helps.

so when i for instance want to use amfp assets and sounds it's better to have them all in my mod folder and use them as i need them and then just leave them there? That is how i've used it all the time but i still feel like this is really spaceconsuming. :c

12-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

So my question is:

What problems?

They way you're doing it it's the most effective. In my opinion.

12-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

(12-21-2013, 11:30 PM)Amn Wrote:

So my question is:

What problems?

They way you're doing it it's the most effective. In my opinion.

I'm having problems where the tool can't find certain FBX files animations and also some sound files like custom movement sounds (these can be put in manually though). And sometimes it just can't find certain entities that are actually there like a custom lantern for instance.

Not sure if everyone else experiences this but this is just my personal problem with this tool Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 11:41 PM by RaideX.)
12-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(12-21-2013, 11:00 PM)RaideX Wrote:

So my question is:

so when i for instance want to use amfp assets and sounds it's better to have them all in my mod folder and use them as i need them and then just leave them there? That is how i've used it all the time but i still feel like this is really spaceconsuming. :c

If you know what you're going to use for custom/amfp assets, place them in your custom story/conversion folder since you're going to use them.

If you're still figuring it out, work with your story and take what you need as you go.

You don't need files you're not using in your custom story/conversion folder, and if you do have any extras, remove them. You only need assets which are specific to your custom mod.

-Grind to the Gore-
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 11:50 PM by GoreGrinder99.)
12-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

(12-21-2013, 11:47 PM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:

So my question is:

If you know what you're going to use for custom/amfp assets, place them in your custom story/conversion folder since you're going to use them.

If you're still figuring it out, work with your story and take what you need as you go.

You don't need files you're not using in your custom story/conversion folder, and if you do have any extras, remove them. You only need assets which are specific to your custom mod.

yeh that makes sense.

What would one do when i'm already half through the production of a conversion? should i just check for what i've used and copy it over and so on...?

12-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Find
GoreGrinder99 Offline

(12-21-2013, 11:57 PM)RaideX Wrote:
(12-21-2013, 11:47 PM)GoreGrinder99 Wrote:

So my question is:

yeh that makes sense.

What would one do when i'm already half through the production of a conversion? should i just check for what i've used and copy it over and so on...?

Where did you place your amfp assets? I know most people just copied over the files they wanted to the main The Dark Descent redist root and pasted the files in the appropriate folders.

Anyway. if there are files you used from where ever you used them and they are not native to The Dark Descent, you will want to copy them over to your conversion folder. After you copied them, you'll need to go to the level editor and re-locate the assets you have already used in your map with the copied files from your conversion folder.

Before you go changing files and such, I'd back up what you have for your mod just in case something goes wrong and you can revert it back to the way it was.

-Grind to the Gore-
12-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

(12-21-2013, 11:40 PM)RaideX Wrote: the tool can't find certain FBX files animations and also some sound files like custom movement sounds (these can be put in manually though). And sometimes it just can't find certain entities that are actually there like a custom lantern for instance.

It's normal. The tool searches for dependencies, so loose files won't be copied. That includes configuration files, custom lantern and alike.

Maybe in a future version I come out with a solution to deal with those files. For now, you gotta include them yourself.

Oh and the FBX files, I'll try to include them soon, maybe when the new update comes out.

Latest version here

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 02:48 AM by Daemian.)
12-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Find