Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERROR MESSAGE! custom story fix? pls help
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
Sad  ERROR MESSAGE! custom story fix? pls help

Whenever I load my custom story, it keeps getting this error message saying "FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file
'custom_stories/ThereMustBeaWayOut/maps/ch01/ThereMustBeaWayOut.hps'! main (8,10): ERR : Expected '('

and first the description of my custom story appeared but then after it did not!!!!!!!!Angry

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//so this is my hps file, is there something wrong I did?///
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void PickupKey(string &in asEntity, string &in asItem)
{
AddQuest("quest1", "TestQuest");
AddUseItemCallback("", "Bedroom Key", "bedroomdoor","Use Bedroom Key", true);

}

void Use Bedroom Key(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetMessage("message", "message1", 3);
}
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 09:43 PM by Radical Batz.)
12-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: ERROR MESSAGE! custom story fix? pls help

Okay! I'm big on learning for yourself so, The error they give a point. A Y and an X value. The 8 is the Y meaning that on the 8th line of code (down from the top) there is an error. Look on that line for your error. Then, the X value, 10. 10 Character over your error lies.

Best of luck!

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2013, 10:13 PM by 7heDubz.)
12-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: ERROR MESSAGE! custom story fix? pls help

(12-21-2013, 10:13 PM)WIWWM Wrote: Okay! I'm big on learning for yourself so, The error they give a point. A Y and an X value. The 8 is the Y meaning that on the 8th line of code (down from the top) there is an error. Look on that line for your error. Then, the X value, 10. 10 Character over your error lies.

Best of luck!

Actually, I do not think this will help here. Regardless, heed this advice. It will help you with errors later on, and if the co-ordinates are not where the error is located, it is somewhere after.

If you still cannot find it, unspoiler here Smile
Spoiler below!

Code:
What I think your issue is the void. I do not think you can use spaces there. Otherwise it seems to be okay. Try this instead:

PHP Code: (Select All)
void PickupKey(string &in asEntitystring &in asItem)
{
AddQuest("quest1""TestQuest");
AddUseItemCallback("""Bedroom Key""bedroomdoor","UseBedroomKey"true); //Changed so it points to the void
}

void UseBedroomKey(string &in asItemstring &in asEntity//Removed spaces
{
SetMessage("message""message1"3.0f); //Changed to a float. Wont cause errors either way.

As for the description of your story, could you please post your extra_english.lang file below? One error in that causes everything to error, hence the message above in UseBedroomKey won't work either.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2013, 09:43 AM by Romulator.)
12-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Find