Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowbar won't work on door! help
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Crowbar won't work on door! help

I think you probably should try adding and testing lines of code one after another... So when it fucks up you know exactly where. If it fails, juste copy/paste the code about crowbar in the wiki http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...iferorange .

Don't let the code spoil the fun of making Custom Stories, it would be sad. What's your CS again btw ?
So I can take a look at... "best custom story ever" XD

12-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(12-25-2013, 04:02 PM)daortir Wrote: I think you probably should try adding and testing lines of code one after another... So when it fucks up you know exactly where. If it fails, juste copy/paste the code about crowbar in the wiki http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...iferorange .

Don't let the code spoil the fun of making Custom Stories, it would be sad. What's your CS again btw ?
So I can take a look at... "best custom story ever" XD
actually no joke, it was going to be the best custom story ever, i put a lot of work into it but I already deleted it, even where I posted on the website :/ because of the stupid code that doesn't work
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2013, 07:03 PM by Radical Batz.)
12-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Hopefully Frictional Games won't have any scripting issues during the development of SOMA or I'm afraid they will have to delete their website, drop their projects and let their name fall into oblivion : p.

Whatever, best of luck in what you'll be doing next : ).

12-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(12-25-2013, 03:41 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: well I started from scratch again with the crowbar code, but it still doesn't work! so goodbye for my custom story even though lots of people said "it looks amazing" and "best custom story ever", now it's deleted! I just don't know why the crowbar code won't work! I couldn't find the error anyway! happy Christmas guys and a happy new year! sigh it's always been my dream to make a custom story, but the stupid code crushed my dreams :'(

So you just deleted your whole story because the crowbar script wasn't working?
12-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(12-25-2013, 09:02 PM)Lazzer Wrote:
(12-25-2013, 03:41 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: well I started from scratch again with the crowbar code, but it still doesn't work! so goodbye for my custom story even though lots of people said "it looks amazing" and "best custom story ever", now it's deleted! I just don't know why the crowbar code won't work! I couldn't find the error anyway! happy Christmas guys and a happy new year! sigh it's always been my dream to make a custom story, but the stupid code crushed my dreams :'(

yeah, you know how many times I had to do it from scratch, I checked so many times and it still doesn't work! it made me so angry that I even deleted my amnesia.exe Sad for real, but then I installed it again Big Grin
12-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Well, coding isn't magic: if it doesn't work you are doing something wrong and if you can't find what it is, then you are probably trying to solve your problem the wrong way.
That's what I hate and love about scripting. When it doesn't work I know I'm the only one who did a mistake which is great, but I also know that as long as I do not understand it I won't be able to do anything x).

12-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(12-25-2013, 09:10 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote:
(12-25-2013, 09:02 PM)Lazzer Wrote:

yeah, you know how many times I had to do it from scratch, I checked so many times and it still doesn't work! it made me so angry that I even deleted my amnesia.exe Sad for real, but then I installed it again Big Grin

dude there was no reason to delete custom story, you could replace the puzzle with other one -.-'
12-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Just because one script doesn't work you cancel it? Don't do that man! Replace it or make a placeholder until you got a working script. If you make another CS with this kind of attitude, another code failure will result in cancellation. And over and over.

And who said "Best custom story ever" and "It looks amazing"?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
12-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(12-26-2013, 01:49 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [quote='Badcat5550' pid='278364' dateline='1387982466']
well I started from scratch again with the crowbar code, but it still doesn't work! so goodbye for my custom story even though lots of people said "it looks amazing" and "best custom story ever", now it's deleted! I just don't know why the crowbar code won't work! I couldn't find the error anyway! happy Christmas guys and a happy new year! sigh it's always been my dream to make a custom story, but the stupid code crushed my dreams :'(

Just because one script doesn't work you cancel it? Don't do that man! Replace it or make a placeholder until you got a working script. If you make another CS with this kind of attitude, another code failure will result in cancellation. And over and over.

[/quote
people! because I first posted pictures and a trailer of my custom story on ModDB, but now it's to late, I deleted everything! forget custom stories! I love playing the original amnesia the dark descent all the time!
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2013, 02:07 PM by Radical Batz.)
12-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(12-26-2013, 02:07 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 01:49 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [quote='Badcat5550' pid='278364' dateline='1387982466']
well I started from scratch again with the crowbar code, but it still doesn't work! so goodbye for my custom story even though lots of people said "it looks amazing" and "best custom story ever", now it's deleted! I just don't know why the crowbar code won't work! I couldn't find the error anyway! happy Christmas guys and a happy new year! sigh it's always been my dream to make a custom story, but the stupid code crushed my dreams :'(

[/quote
people! because I first posted pictures and a trailer of my custom story on ModDB, but now it's to late, I deleted everything! forget custom stories! I love playing the original amnesia the dark descent all the time!

Please just don't kill yourself dude...
12-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Find