Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
HELP WANTED!
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Help Wanted!

(12-27-2013, 06:26 AM)Black Eden Studios Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 06:17 AM)Romulator Wrote: I can't do any of the above, but do you know how difficult it is to make a monster? Not many people here will give up their time to try such a task.

Also, you have a similar topic. You could simply update your original post and/or add onto the topic. There is not much need in making a new thread about it.

Well I stopped looking at my old thread! But I know how hard it is but I'm hoping someone is willing to dedicate their time to do it!

If you want some pro modeller to help you out, your CS/FC has to be really good! There's one thing I know, is that modellers (like me) WILL be mad when their assets is in a bad CS.

And no, I can't make a custom monster. But I do can script.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
12-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: HELP WANTED!

Nope. Every game studio started without any huge project completed, that's for sure. But people who started it had done things before and could show them : "That's what I did on my own, now let's start a team and work on a project together". You don't really sound like you have anything at all to show, and you cannot expect good reaction. You could at least have drawings/map attempts/ideas of CS/basically anything that'd show you know something that can be good when you are a game studio.

I insist on this point, we don't expect to see anything final, but at least something to show us that you know what you are talking about : >.

Waiting for your website to get my opinion though, hopefully I'll be surprised by what I see there : ).

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 01:05 PM by daortir.)
12-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(12-27-2013, 03:13 AM)Black Eden Studios Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 09:54 PM)Traggey Wrote: ''Game studio'' You've never made anything and you have nothing to show? Alright, sure.

Every game studio started with nothing to show.

Yeah, Frictional Games surely started with nothing to show.

Nobody won't do anything for a random guy who wants to create a game studio without any modding experience. Do you know how hard is to create even a monster model itself? Animantions and stuff are even worser. You want to create a proffesional game studio without any experience dude, how simply a man can make something difficult and time taking for a guy who didn't show anything special yet? First you need to understand, that if you want to start a game company you must present people something unusual, not a regular custom story or full conversion because nobody cares about this stuff - it's really not that hard to make a mod. You should make your own game or some advanced scripting mechanics to show people that they will work with proffesional dude, because no one will want to work with somebody with 0% experience in stuff like scripting, modelling, texturing and stuff. No offense and i'm sorry man for that what i've said but imo that's proof.
12-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Help Wanted!

uh...
Why make another useless tread?
Maybe this one can be CLOSED?
and continue in your other tread maybe...
Don;t make more treads then needed please.
And about what you want, i just feel you think you can just make a studio...
Have you seen how long "we" modders even make 1 mod, me for example over 1 year for a mod that is "only" 5-6 hours of gameplay.
Let's say not even with NEW monsters. as said above that is incredably difficult.
Maybe if i can give you some advice;
FIRST make a couple of mods whatever game you take.
Learn about scripting changing materials add models etc etc..
It's almost impossible to just make a studio with no or very less experience..
Before you continue your treads, be aware what you say and want, people will flame towards you.
-
Overall, i can't help you with this.
But i am not so sure what your idea is, but people are already thinking a little strange about you "your project"
-
Good luck and i will keep looking foward to your creation.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 03:39 PM by DnALANGE.)
12-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Find
Black Eden Studios Offline

Threads: 5

Look I know it's hard to trust someone with nothing. But do understand I am aware of having nothing to show. and that's because we are just starting. Our website is just now being created! But people have to trust other people. So look if you guys don't trust me then please don't comment, this thread was made so people who did trust me to reply to. So if you are one of the people above saying its not possible to be a game company without something to show.. well its not impossible. At one point every game studio started out with nothing to show. at one point they went our mindlessly to find people to join. And those people who joined trusted them enough and joined then created something great to show everyone! So at least have a little faith and maybe trust me more because I promise I am working very hard to make something to show!
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 05:29 PM by Black Eden Studios.)
12-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

We understand.
This is the last thing i will reply;
Why don't make something first?
For example a easy custom story or full conversion?
It's hard for people to give good opinions \ reply's if you want to make something and you don't even know where to start...
I wish you all the luck!
And if you have any questions MOD related be free to ask on the forum.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 05:37 PM by DnALANGE.)
12-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

I think it's time for this thread. Someone call uncle T.
12-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Find
Black Eden Studios Offline

Threads: 5

(12-27-2013, 05:36 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: We understand.
This is the last thing i will reply;
Why don't make something first?
For example a easy custom story or full conversion?
It's hard for people to give good opinions \ reply's if you want to make something and you don't even know where to start...
I wish you all the luck!
And if you have any questions MOD related be free to ask on the forum.
We are trying to make something. That's why I made this thread, to have people help me make something good so later we do have something to show.
12-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Are you saying you are unable to produce any kind of portfolio at all? NOTHING? A SCREENSHOT? SOMETHING SCRIPTED? HELLO WORLD PROGRAM? A DRAWING? A STORY? A DESIGN DOCUMENT? A STUDIO MANAGEMENT PLAN? A FUCKING LOGO FOR YOUR FAKE COMPANY? A PAPER THAT SAYS YOU WORKED AS A DISHWASHER?

I'm not mad, I just randomly felt like holding down shift and using immature words.
12-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Well, guys, maybe we should let's help this guy out with what he wants.
Maybe he should give us a little anout the story so we can think of helping him.
Raging isn't really helping him here, isn't it?
Well.. I am in to help with some problem if they occur.
Just to busy with my live here.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 08:40 PM by DnALANGE.)
12-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Find