Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
HELP WANTED!
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: HELP WANTED!

You can't expect people to trust you out of the blue, you have to gain trust.

And showing that you're nothing but talk, does not generate trust.
12-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(12-27-2013, 05:28 PM)Black Eden Studios Wrote: At one point every game studio started out with nothing to show. at one point they went our mindlessly to find people to join. And those people who joined trusted them enough and joined then created something great to show everyone!

Two things:

1. There is a reason many small companies started amongst close friends. Because they all already knew each other, and were more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they trusted each other already.

Unfortunately, we are not your real life friends, so you'll really going to have to do better than that.

2. I can understand if your company has nothing to show. That's fine. But what about your employees? Surely you wouldn't be forming a personal company without ANY sort of prior experience in the field would you? Any experience you people have is fine...even if it's just from some place like university where you learned the skills you needed to create this company in the first place.

EDIT:

daotir said it better than I could have:

(12-27-2013, 01:05 PM)daortir Wrote: Every game studio started without any huge project completed, that's for sure. But people who started it had done things before and could show them : "That's what I did on my own, now let's start a team and work on a project together".

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2013, 09:34 PM by Kreekakon.)
12-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Find
Black Eden Studios Offline

Threads: 5

(12-27-2013, 06:52 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Well, guys, maybe we should let's help this guy out with what he wants.
Maybe he should give us a little anout the story so we can think of helping him.
Raging isn't really helping him here, isn't it?
Well.. I am in to help with some problem if they occur.
Just to busy with my live here.

Thank you for being polite! If you want to hear the story or see how production is going then I will show you!

Here if you want something to be shown I'll show production so far on the custom story or tell you the story of it.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2013, 05:09 AM by Black Eden Studios.)
12-28-2013, 05:07 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Some people are just idiots....

I don't like making a team. Go learn some mapping and scripting like i did and then make a team if you have good knowledge!

02-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Please show us. Because sometimes these small teams of developers have a good background and can produce something nice. Sometimes. Hopefully you're the exception.

@AprilMC
Dude, not everyone is an expertise in every field. Maybe he's only good at writing or something and he needs someone. Look, sooner or later you're gonna need someone else to help you right? We are social creatures and we need to help each other. Maybe you don't need it because you're pretty good in some areas (Scripting, 3D Modelling and Mapping for me), but even I need some help (Writers, Voice actors, Testers).

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-07-2014, 07:57 AM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2

Yeah, kinda weird making a team if you're new to this kind of stuff. I wouldnt want to join a team that can't do anything. Learn everything you want to learn first and then alot more people will want to join you. But if you want to build a team now I would do it with my real life friends and learn everything with them together. That's the best kind of team, trust me. Me, Wapez and Zatchie wouldn't have come so long if we wouldn't learn and do everything together, in real life. But then again, it's not very often you find friends that want to do same kind of stuff like you...Anyway, good luck to you!

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
02-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Find
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-07-2014, 07:57 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Please show us. Because sometimes these small teams of developers have a good background and can produce something nice. Sometimes. Hopefully you're the exception.

@AprilMC
Dude, not everyone is an expertise in every field. Maybe he's only good at writing or something and he needs someone. Look, sooner or later you're gonna need someone else to help you right? We are social creatures and we need to help each other. Maybe you don't need it because you're pretty good in some areas (Scripting, 3D Modelling and Mapping for me), but even I need some help (Writers, Voice actors, Testers).

By that i mean it is just better to ask for help and not creating a team. Smile

02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

This thread is from ages long past.

Locking for now. If Black Eden Studio decides that they still want this thread to be a source of help that they may still be seeking for, then send me a PM Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Find