Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help! ATDD won't run on my mac
heleneking Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please help! ATDD won't run on my mac

Hello,

ATDD won't start on my mac - I see the Frictional Games logo, and then I can hear the sound effects, but the screen is completely black. At this point I'm unable to do anything to exit the screen or access my desktop, and have to do a manual shutdown.
Through reading all the threads I know others have had this problem, and I've tried various troubleshooting suggestions but never seem to get very far due to being generally ignorant about (and a bit scared of) computers (meaning I can't convert instructions for windows to those for macs, etc...I can't work out how to update my graphics card, for example).

I'm running OS Mavericks 10.9.1, my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB. I bought ATDD through Steam.

I've already asked Steam for a refund out of sheer frustration, but they won't give me one unless I ask for help here and show them the evidence. I'd much rather get the game working, obviously...so, if anyone could help me with an idiot's guide to solving this I'd be extremely grateful....
12-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please help! ATDD won't run on my mac

Amnesia is not fully compatiable with Mavericks yet.

This thread may help as a workaround. It seems to work, but I haven't done it because I do not use a Mac. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...=Mavericks

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Find
heleneking Offline

Threads: 1

(12-30-2013, 01:39 AM)Romulator Wrote: Amnesia is not fully compatiable with Mavericks yet.

This thread may help as a workaround. It seems to work, but I haven't done it because I do not use a Mac. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...=Mavericks

Thank you - I did see that, but as I got the game through Steam, it doesn't seem to be set up/organised in the same way as the poster's system.

Thanks for the info re: Mavericks. It's frustrating that Steam didn't make that clear at point of purchase. Does anyone know if this is something that will be fixed/updated?
12-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

A fix is being worked on.
12-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Find