Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Animation freezing at end of loop
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Animation freezing at end of loop

Me and criso are working on the animations for our custom enemy, but we are running into a problem as far as the animation cycles go. In both our SwingClaws and Run animations, the enemy will run the animation and return to its starting position, but then stay frozen like that for several seconds before starting again. In the case of the Run animation, it will still move while its animation is frozen, just sort of gliding around like a statue.

There don't seem to be any options for shortening the animation loop in Model Editor. Any modelers/animators out there know how we can fix this?

12-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Animation freezing at end of loop

Never had problem like this with my animations but there might be one thing that could couse this. If you made the run and swing claws animation in maya from previous animation file(so you dont have to start from scratch, ex: if you're making launch claws you would copy and use the run animation as base), and reduced the amount of keys the animation has without deleting the keys you don't need it will make the looping weird and messed up. So if the base animation had 48 keys and you reduced it to 24 without deleting the other half it will cause issues. Can't come up with anything else that may couse similiar problem so I hope this helped and if not, I hope you'll fix Jeff's awesome monster Smile

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2014, 10:25 AM by Juras.)
01-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Find