Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Groundhog Day based CS Ideas/Criticism
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Groundhog Day based CS Ideas/Criticism

After some consulting with my forthcoming school schedule, three hours of Markiplier playing The Stanley Parable, S03E11 of Supernatural (Mystery Spot) and my love for paradoxes, I am in the process of compiling a CS (not an FC) in which there is a "Groundhog day" theme.

For those unfamiliar with the term Groundhog day, here ya go:
Quote: A situation in which a series of unwelcome or tedious events appear to be recurring in exactly the same way.

Instead of scripting a load map_02 after map_01 as well, I am going to do some script experimenting, where although you may not get a different map everytime, you will get a different map to the next person. So Person A may get map_04 while Person B will get map_14.

Setting: Mansion (so cliche)
1. The character is awoken in bed. (more cliche)
2. The character feels inclined to go down to the basement (for a developing reason)
3. Along the way, various events occur, such as finding a key to open the basement door.
4. The player descends into the basement, where the ceiling caves in and crushes the player.
5. As such, the player is considered dead. The next map loads, which follows similar principles to rules 1-4, but can be altered.

Some events that you can think of which may not be tooooooo difficult to do are appreciated Smile Some of the things that ran through my head earlier are here:
Spoiler below!

There is more than one way to the basement.
The gameplay occurs at different weather/time stages
You are not alone
The door to the basement is not there.
You are upside down.
You start in the basement and make your way to bed.
There is a loud radio which you must turn off first.
Your house is flooded (kaernk? ;D)

Of course, I do not know if I will go ahead with this, and will merely be a "Oh hey, I can make this by doing this" kind of thing. If you want to put forth some criticism or ideas, please do so Big Grin

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 02:47 PM by Romulator.)
01-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Find