Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone watch my amnesia commentarys for criticism?
Phenommachine Offline

Threads: 3
Someone watch my amnesia commentarys for criticism?

http://www.youtube.com/user/joelk672k8
This is my account i need help on getting better and thought some of you cool guys could help me!
01-15-2014, 02:46 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Someone watch my amnesia commentarys for criticism?

Watching your Part 4 now.

I swear, I thought you weren't speaking English for a bit Tongue
No offense Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Find
Phenommachine Offline

(01-15-2014, 02:47 PM)Romulator Wrote: Watching your Part 4 now.

I swear, I thought you weren't speaking English for a bit Tongue
No offense Smile

Sorry it's my accent thanks for the reply!
01-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Alright, I didn't watch everything that was on there, because I have been through it half a dozen times Tongue
But some criticism I can give:

Pros:
- You seem to have a great computer, capable of running multiple things at one time. I didn't seem to have any issues with watching framerate drops, jitters etc
- You think well. Although it took you a few times with that water monster (Kaernk), you did manage to find a way around it pretty easily and also getting through the heavy gate.
- I did like your means of running away from the Kaernk in the second level. You demonstrate a way with not losing your cool "too" much in these kinds of situations, despite the fact that you did swear a few times.
- You're immersed in Amnesia's atmosphere, rather than just attacking a barrel every time you see one.

Cons
- Your face camera is too low, and the roof light behind you makes your face dark. I could really only glimpse you when you received sanity or during a flashback.
- Although it cannot be helped, your accent does make you a little difficult to understand at times.
- Your commentary sort of lacks the ability to drag me in. Most people who look at Amnesia playthrough's focus on the gameplay and the player's voice/reactions and expressions.

Overall, I would give your playthrough about a 5/10. Not saying it's good, not saying it is bad. There are some issues which you can clean up, but I do not know if I will continue to watch your channel.

Regardless, I wish you good luck and hope you don't chicken out like I did for a while in the next few parts Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 03:08 PM by Romulator.)
01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Find
Phenommachine Offline

(01-15-2014, 03:07 PM)Romulator Wrote: Alright, I didn't watch everything that was on there, because I have been through it half a dozen times Tongue
But some criticism I can give:

Pros:
- You seem to have a great computer, capable of running multiple things at one time. I didn't seem to have any issues with watching framerate drops, jitters etc
- You think well. Although it took you a few times with that water monster (Kaernk), you did manage to find a way around it pretty easily and also getting through the heavy gate.
- I did like your means of running away from the Kaernk in the second level. You demonstrate a way with not losing your cool "too" much in these kinds of situations, despite the fact that you did swear a few times.
- You're immersed in Amnesia's atmosphere, rather than just attacking a barrel every time you see one.

Cons
- Your face camera is too low, and the roof light behind you makes your face dark. I could really only glimpse you when you received sanity or during a flashback.
- Although it cannot be helped, your accent does make you a little difficult to understand at times.
- Your commentary sort of lacks the ability to drag me in. Most people who look at Amnesia playthrough's focus on the gameplay and the player's voice/reactions and expressions.

Overall, I would give your playthrough about a 5/10. Not saying it's good, not saying it is bad. There are some issues which you can clean up, but I do not know if I will continue to watch your channel.

Regardless, I wish you good luck and hope you don't chicken out like I did for a while in the next few parts Smile
Thankyou for the good criticism i think i will be fine, maybe i could try change my accent for commentary's i do not know i'll experiments. Yeah i know i will put i light in front of me that may help. i will try use this to help me thank you very much!
01-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Watched some of your stuff, and as Rom said, there are some slight issues here and there. Main thing is the facecam. I'm sure you already know. And the next would be the accent. Strange, and a little bit difficult to understand, but a little "rethinking" should make it easier to decode what you said. Anything else, I don't really see anything else that might need criticism. At least not yet. Being an LPer myself, I'm used to different accents, but yours is a golden cake lol.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Website Find