Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!
repchi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Hello,
I bought a long time ago (2 weeks probably) Amnesia. The thing is, that I just can't play it. I checked ALL suggestions about how to repair it on your site, but any proposition doesn't match to my problem.

What exactly happens ? 
Well, my game just closes after 5 mins of playing, without any errors or stuff. I tried to get a help from Steam Support, but of course they don't want to help me on their own and they sent me there. I have also gave my hpl.log on forum and it seems that everything is working on.

Here it is for you :

I don't know what to do right now, because I just wasted money on Steam and they don't even want to give me a refund or something.
Don't think that it's my drivers fault - all of them were updated few days ago after playing Amnesia for the first time and all of them are actual.

I know that my problem sounds like I'm lier, but I really need help.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 08:50 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Hello, first of all I deleted your log. How did you do that with the 100 quotes? Anyway, next time attach the HPL.log file. Also, the one you copied above shows that the game exited properly.

1) Do a steam file integrity check and check if it reports corrupted files
2) Try the game and if the problem occurs again, reattach the HPL.log file

This is most probably caused by another program or service running at the background which closes the game. Maybe an antivirus or similar. Check the known programs that cause issues at Problem A4 of the troubleshooting guide. There are bound to be more though so make sure you also disable anything else running at the background.
01-16-2014, 08:56 PM
Find
repchi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

(01-16-2014, 08:56 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Hello, first of all I deleted your log. How did you do that with the 100 quotes? Anyway, next time attach the HPL.log file. Also, the one you copied above shows that the game exited properly.

1) Do a steam file integrity check and check if it reports corrupted files
2) Try the game and if the problem occurs again, reattach the HPL.log file

This is most probably caused by another program or service running at the background which closes the game. Maybe an antivirus or similar. Check the known programs that cause issues at Problem A4 of the troubleshooting guide. There are bound to be more though so make sure you also disable anything else running at the background.

Okay, to be honest. I just did a steam file integrity and it worked. Dunno why because it said that everything is alright.
Thanks anyways, LOL.
01-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Find