Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help Map Disappaears in level editor?!! help pls
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Map Disappaears in level editor?!! help pls

(01-18-2014, 09:20 AM)Romulator Wrote: If it doesn't allow .map files as an attachment here, upload it wherever you feel comfortable.
ok, I sent you a pm
01-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Yep, as LazyHarry pointed out, it's a corrupted map file. So yep, unfortunately, all is lost :/

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(01-18-2014, 09:26 AM)Romulator Wrote: Yep, as LazyHarry pointed out, it's a corrupted map file. So yep, unfortunately, all is lost :/
what am I going to do then :'(Sad,
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 09:31 AM by Radical Batz.)
01-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Well you have two choices.
1) You consider everything is lost and you don't want to start over, you forget about your CS and you leave it to sink into oblivion.
2) You understand that making this map made you better with the level editor, you try to remember what was good with this map and what was not and you improve it. Basically you make a better map than what you did last time, using the experience you gained.

Happened to me with a map I was very proud of, and then I decided that this area could have been better, I remade it, and ultimately I even deleted it from the mod because the idea wasn't good enough in the first place. But that was NOT wasted time. I was more experienced, and ready to make better maps.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 12:27 PM by daortir.)
01-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(01-18-2014, 12:26 PM)daortir Wrote: Well you have two choices.
1) You consider everything is lost and you don't want to start over, you forget about your CS and you leave it to sink into oblivion.
2) You understand that making this map made you better with the level editor, you try to remember what was good with this map and what was not and you improve it. Basically you make a better map than what you did last time, using the experience you gained.

Happened to me with a map I was very proud of, and then I decided that this area could have been better, I remade it, and ultimately I even deleted it from the mod because the idea wasn't good enough in the first place. But that was NOT wasted time. I was more experienced, and ready to make better maps.
thank you, this was a good answer! anyway people don't care about my custom story "Lifeless_The Abandon" i got no comments yet, or anything! why?
01-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Well I do not have a definitive answer or anything, but first of all you have some watchers already which is good : >. Some people show their interest in your mod this way, they don't always comment. 

Also, maybe your ModDB page could have more stuff : ) ? I'm not saying a mod has to be presented like closure/premonition to be attractive, but your moddb page has two lines of text and 3 pictures. Maybe if you'd detail the story a bit more, tell people what to expect from the mod, maybe put some news to tell how  the progress is going, they'd feel like your mod is going to happen. 

Just a few ideas of what you could do, up to you to make your custom story more attractive : >.

01-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

(01-18-2014, 02:21 PM)daortir Wrote: Well I do not have a definitive answer or anything, but first of all you have some watchers already which is good : >. Some people show their interest in your mod this way, they don't always comment. 

Also, maybe your ModDB page could have more stuff : ) ? I'm not saying a mod has to be presented like closure/premonition to be attractive, but your moddb page has two lines of text and 3 pictures. Maybe if you'd detail the story a bit more, tell people what to expect from the mod, maybe put some news to tell how  the progress is going, they'd feel like your mod is going to happen. 

Just a few ideas of what you could do, up to you to make your custom story more attractive : >.
thank you man you're the best for helping me! Smile I hope you go well with your mod too
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2014, 04:05 PM by Radical Batz.)
01-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Doing the best I can ; >. 
Good luck with your mod !

01-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Find