Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFP elevator door problem
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
MFP elevator door problem

I'm having some really unusual problems with the elevator doors from Machine for Pigs.  When you open them, they are supposed to just rotate around the side of the elevator pod, and at first, they work normally like that in my mod.

However, as time goes on, a few of them start to bug out.  Now, when I open them--

SetMoveObjectState("elevator_door_right_1", 0);
SetMoveObjectState("elevator_door_left_1", 0);

--they shoot out linearly (away from each other) at high speed, far across the map.  Even more confusingly, in the next map, the elevator doors work normally, even though they are the same entity!

I have no idea what's going on here.  For reference, here are the MoveObject properties of the elevator door.

MoveObjectType: Angular
OpenAmount: -0.55 (left), 0.55 (right)
MoveAxis: Y
OpenAcc: 2
OpenSpeed: 0.6
CloseAcc: 2
CloseSpeed: 0.6

01-20-2014, 04:30 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: MFP elevator door problem

I've had the same problem as you!
In Premonition i could NOT repair it.
Took HOURs and HOURS to try rebuild etc etc.
I've asked Patrik this same question but he didnt repond back on PM.
I have no idea what to do, i think the only thing you can do what worked only 1 time beacuase it's remaking the MSH itself. =
DELETE the MSH and try again, you will see it works.
Hope this could help a little Damascus, too bad i could't find any solution.
01-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Resurrecting this thread because I am still having this problem, and nothing I've done has been able to fix it. Unfortunately I lost the original MSH'es that went with the elevator doors. Can anyone lend me a backup copy? Hopefully that might be able to help.

03-31-2014, 02:34 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You wouldn't need the original .msh files because they won't work properly with TDD anyway. But if you own MFP, they should still be located there, eh?

03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Find
Nikson. Offline

Threads: 22

That's very strange, i made an elevator for my FC and it's working very good! I used the same script TCR used in MFP! Try searching for it maybe it will help!
04-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

I did manage to replace the original .msh files, but I'm still having this problem. I've even gone so far as to completely delete the entities and files from my custom story and re-making them all from scratch but they are still flying away through the walls.

I eventually had to just release my mod with the bug still in it, which is irritating to no extent, but if anyone can come up with a reasonable solution, please help me out.

04-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Find