Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas?
Klilo Offline

Threads: 3
Thumbs Down  Ideas?

Im working on a Full Conversion mod called Amnesia: Cure, head to main CS, TC & Mods - Development forum for Amnesia: Cure. I'm afraid that if I try to make scares myself, there will be too little scares, too many scares and other things. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Im just asking this because I am afraid of making scares that I have no idea what people will like.

Sanctuary Studios Pledge:

"All of our games are free and open-source. All of our mods are free to play."
01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Ideas?

But at one point, you have to take a risk right >< ? No matter how many ideas will be given, you'll still have no idea what people will like in the end... As always with every mod, some people will enjoy, some won't : /.

I do have some advice though, it's to make the scares coherent. If you are walking through an area where people have been slaughtered, making screams echo through the walls can be a legit and logical scare. That kind of scare is legit and there's no reason people wouldn't like it.

Scares can also be random sounds throughout the level (Amnesia used a lot of them).
Some scares can be nothing but a very ordinary event that surprises the player. Items falling out of a closet, basically anything unexpected and not illogical.

Those are small scares, for the bigger ones I will need to know more about the mod. Not good enough with scripting to have amazing ideas that will work with any situation. So yeah, that's about all the advice I can give you^^.
Also, experimenting by yourself will give more personal results than taking scares from the forums : p.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 10:13 PM by daortir.)
01-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Find