Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATDD Texture Load Failure - Crash
Seaborgium Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago ATDD Texture Load Failure - Crash

Hi

I've been getting this problem with the main game as well as any custom story I attempt to play that uses a couple of certain textures.

I can be playing the game normally, then roughly about 30-40 minutes in or after entering a room (not necessarily after a loading screen) the game will crash - see HPL.log below. This log was taken after crashing out of the Custom Story 'Recursive Confinement', but the crash occurs during any custom story or even the main game, so I don't believe it is localised to this story.

System Specs:

Graphics: NVidia GeForce GTX 660
CPU: Intel i7 3770 3.4GHz
RAM: 16GB
Storage: 1x 1TB HDD (non-SSD)

I am using 3 monitors, but Amnesia is run windowed-mode on one of them.

Things I have tried:

Updating graphics drivers
Rolling back graphics drivers to a version in which this error did not occur
Reinstalled Amnesia
Granted all file permissions to user and admins
Running Amnesia.exe as an admin
Rebooted my computer
Playing with only one monitor plugged in
Playing with a non-USB headset
Playing with a USB headset
Playing the vanilla Amnesia with no custom content installed
Closed as many background processes as I could
Running Amnesia on minimum settings
Disabling SSAO
Fiddling with the sound devices
Made sure everything was plugged in
Cleaned my keyboard
Cleaned my mouse
Clipped my fingernails
Playing with trousers on
Playing with trousers off

Problem History:
I streamed Amnesia regularly for 5 months last year with no notable issues. Throughout this period I used XSplit on a paid license that captured Amnesia as a Game Source.

On Wednesday last week I began streaming again and this crash occurred ~25 minutes in. I was playing a Full Conversion called "Premonition".

On Saturday last week I played a Full Conversion called "The Fugitive Chapter 2". Crash occurred ~20 minutes in.

On Monday this week I played a Custom Story called "Recursive Confinement". Crash occurred ~30 minutes in.

On Tuesday this week I played The Dark Descent. Crash occurred ~25 minutes in.

On Tuesday this week I played "Recursive Confinement" again. Crash occurred in the same place ~20 minutes in (rushing this time).

In the months between streaming the game error-free last year and last Wednesday, I have reformatted my hard drive and updated graphics drivers. I also play with a USB headset now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 18.09 KB / Downloads: 87)
01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: ATDD Texture Load Failure - Crash

This log is after trying to run a custom story. Do a steam file integrity check and play the main game. If it crashes during the main game, then upload a new HPL.log after the crash occurs. That way I can see what the problem is more clearly by ruling out potentially poorly designed custom stories with missing files etc.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 09:50 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Find