Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Dark
hereandnowlive Offline

Threads: 2
In Dark

OK so I have been working on this amnesia mod project for about two years now on and off, but at this Time I am devilishly close to release. The technical release date is first quarter 2014 but I am thinking I am going to hit the February 22, 2014 date I was hoping for.

Here's a Trailer for the mod:
In Dark Teaser Trailer

and if you want more information here is the moddb page:
In Dark Moddb

If you have any questions about the mod or have some constructive criticism post away.

Also this is my first thread post so if it freaks out on you or things don't work I will get on fixing it.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 12:18 AM by hereandnowlive.)
01-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: In Dark

I COULD be wrong, but you may have posted this in the wrong section. It could probably do better in Showcase; but it is not finished... so I am stumped :o

I won't lie, some of your architecture is heavily unrealistic, such as the scene in the trailer with the stairs around 0:54. The carpet up the top is not supported by anything but the wall, which would actually kill someone if they stepped on it.

Also, that area which seems to be a dungeon or somewhere underneath the main setting (around a minute onwards) is too dark for the lights. If you can do so without causing issues with the surrounding corridors, make some pointlights larger than the area of the light source (torches on the wall) which is darker so there is a better fade effect from the source and brighten up your boxlight (if there isn't, put one in), probably around 0.1, 0.1, 0.15, 1. With that said, this picture is a little better at that, although I know there are no faded pointlights, the room light is adequate enough for the amount of candles.

You have also made some attention to smaller details, such as putting things on the wall and the billboards coming in from the window (even though they are way too bright) etc. I can also say that I am somewhat interested in the story, but my main concern with the trailer is I cannot understand half the things being spoken because I think the music is too loud, or the voice is too soft.

I can't say that I will play your mod, but I might glance over it sometime sooner or later. Hope it does come out the way you want it though! Smile

Edit: Also with that image I linked you to, there is light bleeding in from the wall, evident by the floor, on the left side. Assuming this is from the same type of candles in that picture, rotate it a little bit. These types of candles give off a directional based light, not a central one. You'll notice it when you rotate it Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 02:57 PM by Romulator.)
01-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I completely agree with Romulator on here. Architecture is kind of non-realistic, and that carpet is only on a stair. Btw, the carpet would fall.

Contrast to your dark dungeon, this image proves that the area is way to bright.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-26-2014, 03:09 PM
Find
hereandnowlive Offline

Threads: 2

Thanks for the bleeding light info I will definitely get on fixing that. As for the realistic portion I was worried I didn't describe this quiet right and it seems I didn't. The realism is not so much from the actual mapping and more so from the fact that I put effort into making especially the first couple initial levels into a believable connected space. Where you enter and leave the initial levels is exactly where you would expect and there is one specific easter egg which runs on the fact that you understand the layout of the whole above ground mansion. That is what I was more going for. Also this mod is really weird, like the first nearly 7 levels are void of enemies except one sharp unexpected level which is very intense. The mod really eases you in and encourages you less to be scared in this environment (for the initial levels at least) but more be inquisitive. It is more a mystery story with horror elements than a horror story with mystery elements.

Thanks for all the feed back.
01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Find