Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a sky?
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
How to make a sky?

I've seen lots of custom stories which have skies outside, like a sky with stars? how do they do that?
01-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Find
Juras Offline

Threads: 2
RE: How to make a sky?

You can turn on the skybox in the level settings in the level editor. You need a skybox cube map though which would be the sky texture.

Co-Founder & Lead Art Director of Red Line Games
3D & Environment Artist, Animator
http://jurasbatas.deviantart.com
01-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

You need to get a skybox texture ^^. Those are .dds textures, many tutorials exist on the internet to make your own, but you can also use some that already exist : if you want a sky with stars you can simply PM the creator of the mod in which you saw one and ask him if you can use his skybox : >.

To enable a skybox for a level once you have a .dds texture, simply go to Edit in the level editor, look for Options and then select the .dds texture in the Skybox tab. Simply check Active then and you'll be good to go.

AMFP also has a skydome in the static objects I think, that is exactly like a sky except it's a static object. Pretty cool stuff ^-^

01-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-26-2014, 05:03 PM)daortir Wrote: You need to get a skybox texture ^^. Those are .dds textures, many tutorials exist on the internet to make your own, but you can also use some that already exist : if you want a sky with stars you can simply PM the creator of the mod in which you saw one and ask him if you can use his skybox : >.

To enable a skybox for a level once you have a .dds texture, simply go to Edit in the level editor, look for Options and then select the .dds texture in the Skybox tab. Simply check Active then and you'll be good to go.

AMFP also has a skydome in the static objects I think, that is exactly like a sky except it's a static object. Pretty cool stuff ^-^

I used the AMF one, thanks by the way!
01-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Find