Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error when selecting profile
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
Question  Error when selecting profile

Well yeh i was working on my pre_menu, loadingscreen and so on.

When i edited some things, the fg, nordic gaming and other pre menu pictures showed up. When i made a new player profile and clicked " select", it gave me an error of the blackbox.

Here is one part of the Hpl.log:
Spoiler below!

Game Running
--------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Couldn't load image 'test_mod/graphics/menu_logo.png'
ERROR: Could not load image 'test_mod/graphics/menu_logo.png'!
-------- Loading map 'menu_bg.map' ---------
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/main_menu/menu_bg.map_cache'
ERROR: Could not map cache file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/main_menu/menu_bg.map'.ERROR: Couldn't find 0-face '../../../../../../_pos_x', for cubemap '../../../../../../' in path: '../../../../../../'
MeshEntity Loading: 1198 ms
Primitive Loading: 533 ms
Decal Loading: 0 ms
Object Combining: 0 ms
Compilation: 0 ms
Combining: 428 ms
Sorting: 379 ms
Meshes: 2 ms
Bodies: 47 ms
Static Objects: 2160 ms
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/door/mansion_wood_panneling_door/wood_panneling_door_01.msh'
ERROR: Could not load file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/door/mansion_wood_panneling_door/wood_panneling_door_01.msh' in MSH loader.Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/door/mansion_wood_panneling_door/wood_panneling_door_01.DAE'
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/ornament/pig_mask/pig_mask.msh'
ERROR: Could not load file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/ornament/pig_mask/pig_mask.msh' in MSH loader.Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/ornament/pig_mask/pig_mask.DAE'
ERROR: Could not find bone 'Cylinder001' in model 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/ornament/pig_mask/pig_mask.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 0 to attach to entity 'pig_mask_1_Body_1' in 'entities/ornament/pig_mask/pig_mask.ent'
WARNING: Could not find child with unique ID 1 to attach to entity 'pig_mask_1_Body_1' in 'entities/ornament/pig_mask/pig_mask.ent'
ERROR: Could not open binary file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/lamp/gas_lamp_wall/gas_lamp_wall.msh'
ERROR: Could not load file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/lamp/gas_lamp_wall/gas_lamp_wall.msh' in MSH loader.Cache out of date! Reloading collada file 'C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/test_mod/entities/lamp/gas_lamp_wall/gas_lamp_wall.DAE'
Entities: 9471 ms
Compilation: 1 ms
Total: 11798 ms
Meshes created: 8
Bodies created: 7
-------- Loading complete ---------
Setting profile: 'Name' Path: 'C:\Users\adrian\Documents/Amnesia/TestMod/Name/'

It seems like most errors are the amfp assets?, but i installed them so they should work.They didnt cause errors to my mod before the pre menu editing... Well if anyone can find out what's wrong, i would be happy to know that so i can continue developing. (Even if i see the errors, i dont understand what they mean and how to fix them)

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
01-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Error when selecting profile

Delete all AAMFP msh files and re-create some of the ent files for the AAMFP entities.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

But why do i need to do that? They worked before i made the pre menu and i installed them correctly... Well im gonna try to reinstall them maybe thats what you mean with " Recreate " :/

02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Recreate means to save the .ent files with the new Model Editor Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

But well i think i found the real problem. DNalange helped me a bit on skype to get the pre menu working, which it did. But he told me to remove all test_mod prefixes in resources.cfg. Of course the mod cant find the meshes and other files of my menu map then...
Well i will try prefixing them again. If it wont work i will save them with the updated model editor Big Grin

Thanks for replying guys. You are awesome.

02-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Find