Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia not reading CS files.
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16
Amnesia not reading CS files.

Greetings everyone. I have just recently re-installed Amnesia due to a system crash a few days ago. I managed to back up my custom story onto a flash drive and have placed them into the custom story folder. However, my problem surfaced when I wanted to trouble shoot my second map. So I changed it in the configurations file as one is suppose to do. Yet after I started up the game, it placed me in the first starting map, as though I had never changed the cfg file.

Next I made a few grammar changed in the lang file and the text appeared on screen with no changes made. Finally, I went into the level editor and disabled a trigger area. When I went in game, the trigger area performed as though it was never disabled. (I did save the changes before exiting out of the files.)

If anyone has experienced this issue, please let me know. One last thing, my files are no longer in the custom story folder, yet Amnesia still displays them and you can still access the game. They should not be shown.
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Amnesia not reading CS files.

Go back to your .cfg and tell me if your text file still says to go to the first map and not the second map, even if you did edit it. If so, I think I know your problem.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

(02-01-2014, 10:47 PM)Romulator Wrote: Go back to your .cfg and tell me if your text file still says to go to the first map and not the second map, even if you did edit it. If so, I think I know your problem.

Ok, I think I have resolved my problem. I had to uninstall and re-install it a few times. Also, the version 1.2 patch screws it up, so I am not running it with that.

Thanks for a the quick reply.
02-02-2014, 04:49 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Actually, I assumed it had to do with permissions. But if your issue is solved for now, then I won't follow it up. Hope it all goes well!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
02-02-2014, 05:08 AM
Find