Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Horrors of a Shattered World
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5
Horrors of a Shattered World

Horrors of a Shattered World

A Amnesia custom story

I have only begun development and this post being so soon is only to see what people think of the idea/concept of the custom story. At this point in time it may or may not become a full conversion but as this point in time I am making the story and maps to start with.
Prologue:

The year is now 2342 the planet Earth has been shattered by a series of massive world wars over a period of almost 200 years. The first war broke out in 2153 between Russia and China, later escalating over the years into a large scale war. There was times of peace in different parts of the world all through this but these where very dark times. All resemblance of society had been decimated by 2310, aside from a small few who now work to rebuild the shattered world they once called home. With advanced technology which destroyed their world they hope it will help them rebuild it for a better tomorrow.

Most of the Earths surface is covered in disease, radiation and despair. Few areas remain that house society, the rest of the world is known as the Wild lands. Within the wild lands men hunt like savage beasts among st the hollowed skeletons of massive metropolis and vast forest.

These lands are wicked and unforgiving with creatures and beings that have been created from the husk of this dead world. All manner of terrible fates await those who stray into the darkness and beauty of the wild lands. A world reclaimed by nature but forever changed by the tinkering of man.

Before the fall of society and the planet was plunged into a new age advancements that where made in technology allowed for a better cleaner world free of pollution. With shimmering oceans, clear blue skies and a thriving world. The gathering of finite resources was still a problem but new space technology had allowed humanity to begin gathering resources from other planets. Life seemed perfect and humanity was at its peak of prosperity.

But it was human nature that ended this era of prosperity where there was enough for everyone, food, water and all other natural resources. Greed, the thirst for more, it was not long before war broke out and nations where warring for more than they would ever need. The advanced war machines rolled into full gear and over the course of 200 years the world fought, slowly more and more nations where dragged into war by their allies and friends who had made grudges with other nations and soon everyone was at war, against each other, devices of mass destruction where soon used leveling entire lands.

The wars finally stopped when society was no more and the world was burnt out, desolate, ruined, shattered. Nobody had won that fight, they all lost in the end, and they lost so much for so little.

You play the role of Greg Bennison a researcher who works for Henogen Industries one of the groups who are working to rebuild society. Henogen Industries is primarily focused on research and advancements. A archaeological dig site has been set up by Henogen Industries upon the land which used to be London the capital of England before it fell almost 130 years ago. Among st the ruins Bennison and the workers recovered a most remarkable artifact which is taken with them back to their headquarters on the moon.

On their trip back to HQ something goes terribly wrong and causes their ship to crash into the Wild Lands. There you will discover the true horrors that humanity has created, and even darker secrets.

Additional Information:

For this custom story I plan to use custom content including music, sounds and even custom assets such as walls and monsters. All credits for these will be attributed to their rightful owners.

This will be a Sci-Fi custom story.

First Picture below of a small corridor aboard the ship
[attachment=4306]

More information will come as it becomes available, for now I would like to know what people think of the idea and story.

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 11:23 PM by Tychaos.)
02-05-2014, 04:56 AM
Find
BeartrixTheStrange Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Horrors of a Shattered World

If you want/need a voice actress, I am willing to help...

If anyone is willing for my voice to be in a custom story, please private message me. I have been offline for too long and need to get back in this community!
02-05-2014, 05:08 AM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Tbh anyone can spit out 100 stories that aren't worth a nickel if you can't actually complete a CS and release it (I'm guilty of about 20 so far). So asking for feedback at this stage will do you little good.

Personally it sounds like a typical Hollywood cliche, Human decimating wars destroying Earth (Over 200 years?), pollution nonsense, and most likely evil companies have to fit their way into this somehow? (Henogen Industries)
02-05-2014, 05:09 AM
Find
Tychaos Offline

Threads: 5

(02-05-2014, 05:09 AM)Rapture Wrote: Tbh anyone can spit out 100 stories that aren't worth a nickel if you can't actually complete a CS and release it (I'm guilty of about 20 so far). So asking for feedback at this stage will do you little good.

Personally it sounds like a typical Hollywood cliche, Human decimating wars destroying Earth (Over 200 years?), pollution nonsense, and most likely evil companies have to fit their way into this somehow? (Henogen Industries)

Yeah I guess I see what you mean, but there is still a lot that will change. Some of the choices I have made in the story however are due to there not being very many sci-fi assets for amnesia. Also evil companies where not exactly what I had in mind for this custom story.

(02-05-2014, 05:08 AM)BeartrixTheStrange Wrote: If you want/need a voice actress, I am willing to help...

Possibly, it is too early in development to tell yet. I would like to finish the mapping and scripting before I get voice actors, but I will keep it in mind.

Check out my WIP custom story Dark Tower!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-tower
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2014, 02:02 PM by Tychaos.)
02-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Find