Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help .lang file: Placeholders [Solved]
ethics Offline

Threads: 18
RE: .lang file: Placeholders

(04-13-2014, 09:57 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I'm actually very unsure right now, because when I was running the game in my Mac OS X environment, I could see the characters fine without the xml line, whereas in Windows 7, I needed that line for it to show properly. Perhaps it is different in Windows 8, but I see absolutely no reason for that to be. I doubt it's the OS. It must be something else. I thought I figured this out, but it looks to be a lot more than it appears...
It could have to do something with the config of the game.
As I mentioned earlier, I've got another german cs, there, the special characters are working fine.

Maybe its also because of Justine. I can't put it to german language settings, it just resets itself to english.

EDIT:

I think I've found the problem. I was using the normal Windows Editor for my .lang file and it doesn't support any UTF at all. UTF-8 supports all Latin-A characters, so i just have to use Notepad++ and put the encoding to either c++ or UTF-8.
We'll see.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014, 05:12 PM by ethics.)
04-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

That does sound like a possible solution, because I'm pretty sure the encoding (of UTF-8) is the primary one for these characters.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2014, 06:09 PM by Mudbill.)
04-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Find
ethics Offline

Threads: 18

(04-23-2014, 06:08 PM)Mudbill Wrote: That does sound like a possible solution, because I'm pretty sure the encoding (of UTF-8) is the primary one for these characters.

FUCK yeah!!!

It IS the solution. For some reason, the characters in the win editors are encoded as ANSI, which doesn't seem to accept special characters like "ü".

I just opened the .lang-file with notepad++, put the encoding to UTF-8 and it works now.
This has bugged me for a long time, now finally, I have the solution.

Thank you for your help, although, I've figured out myself ^^

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2014, 03:29 PM by ethics.)
04-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Find