Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help resolving an issue
Xyler94 Offline

Threads: 1
Need help resolving an issue

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with going from one map to the next. My script works perfectly for my first room, it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't know why it doesn't want to go from one room to the next, could you please help me?

I've included everything that I've worked on so far, all the .lang files, all the .map files and the .hps files. I'd really appreciate if someone could help with my issue, thanks in advance.

Attached Files
.zip   The_House.zip (Size: 21.75 KB / Downloads: 100)
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 08:21 AM by Xyler94.)
02-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
RE: Need help resolving an issue

(02-16-2014, 08:20 AM)Xyler94 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am having an issue with going from one map to the next. My script works perfectly for my first room, it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't know why it doesn't want to go from one room to the next, could you please help me?

I've included everything that I've worked on so far, all the .lang files, all the .map files and the .hps files. I'd really appreciate if someone could help with my issue, thanks in advance.

you have to select the leveldoor and then choose which map should be loaded when the player interacts with the door.

Click Door > Entity > Map File > Chooses Map to load

EDIT: Nevermind, still looking into your problem.

Alright, seems you forget the OnLeave function in your maps and in the second map you forget the "void" before "OnStart". Either fix it yourself or replace your script files with these.

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2014, 11:01 AM by RaideX.)
02-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Find
Xyler94 Offline

Threads: 1

(02-16-2014, 10:49 AM)RaideX Wrote:
(02-16-2014, 08:20 AM)Xyler94 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am having an issue with going from one map to the next. My script works perfectly for my first room, it does exactly what I need it to do. I don't know why it doesn't want to go from one room to the next, could you please help me?

you have to select the leveldoor and then choose which map should be loaded when the player interacts with the door.

Click Door > Entity > Map File > Chooses Map to load

EDIT: Nevermind, still looking into your problem.

Alright, seems you forget the OnLeave function in your maps and in the second map you forget the "void" before "OnStart". Either fix it yourself or replace your script files with these.

Wow... i can't believe i did something like that. Adding void before the OnLeave and Onstart(on the other hps) worked to solve my problem. I thank you so much RaideX, that was great help.
02-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33

Quote:Wow... i can't believe i did something like that. Adding void before the OnLeave and Onstart(on the other hps) worked to solve my problem. I thank you so much RaideX, that was great help.

You're welcome Smile

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
02-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Find