Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Work in progress Amnesia - In a Heartbeat (Looking for Testers)
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat (ALPHA 1.0 OPEN - Looking for Testers/Voice Actors!)

Optimize is basically just make it easier to run. Amnesia itself is pretty well optimized because you don't need a super computer to run it. A game like Battlefield migth be well optimized if you compare it to its graphical requirements but it does take a lot more to run. Let's say GTA 4 for PC. Poorly optimized, because even the strongest of computers can struggle with it.

What if you split the stairs level into separate maps? Make each floor its own level so that it doesn't need to load it all at once. Perhaps you can tweak that idea to your liking.

03-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat (One MALE Voice Needed!)

Just a small update.

If anyone's been paying attention to the chapter development percentage, you'll notice chapter 2 is down to 10%. This is because, originally, the first 2 maps were going to be chapter 1, and chapter 2 started in map 3.

However, upon further scrutiny, I thought it would be more prudent to put all 3 maps into chapter 1, and keep chapter 2 to maps 4-10+ (most of these are smaller maps attached to a hub map, so don't freak out).

The first 3 maps are near completion, to the point that I'll actually stop working on all of them for a while. Just need to finish up particle placement, good light billboards (me? actually do good lighting? yeah right), and other more amusing little details that I hope future testers and eventually future players will enjoy, haha.

Thank you to the testers so far, even if the first three levels were absolute poop to you, I've tried to address every issue you've all found to the best of my abilities. I hope the next time I throw this up for alpha testing, you'll have a much better experience, and will find less problems (for my sanity's sake LOL).

New screenshots will be up soon, and then eventually a trailer/teaser once I've got a few more maps fleshed out. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 06:50 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
03-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat (One MALE Voice Needed!)

Sounds good =)

I wish you luck!

03-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat (3 MALE Voices Needed!)

I forgot about 3 of my minor characters that need voices and monster noises. I want to keep the voices fresh and different, so three new people to play these guys would be awesome. Big Grin

PM me for lines, or please follow the link below to audition. Big Grin

CLICK MEEEEEE

03-26-2014, 08:02 PM
Find
tezpull666 Away
Banned

Threads: 15
RE: Amnesia - In a Heartbeat

What does all these %'s mean?(Like 99% or 35% or 3%)
04-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

(04-25-2014, 06:00 PM)tesbull Wrote: What does all these %'s mean?(Like 99% or 35% or 3%)

It means what a percentage means. Tongue

It's the level of how much the concept is complete. A level at 99% completion means everything is virtually complete, however something still needs tweaking or fine tuning, like scripting, or mapping.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2014, 03:25 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
04-26-2014, 03:25 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Edited.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2014, 08:14 AM by MsHannerBananer.)
05-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

So I'd like to update the thread with some screenshots of the most recent area's of the game I've developed. Seeing as my ModDB page is pretty much just in development as opposed to more complete screenshots, I hafta put them somewhere. Big Grin

I hope these screenshots warrant more positive reception than the initial ones I uploaded a while ago (and have long since removed). While this really shouldn't be an excuse, I am a first time mapper and am the only one working on this, scripting and all, so I feel that these screen shots aren't that bad.

Feel free to give me tips and point things out, but please be nice. Smile

Set 1
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2q8nj7r.png]

Set 2
Spoiler below!
[Image: xdvzw5.jpg]

06-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Not much I can comment on because in my opinion, they all look pretty good! Better than most of my maps, for sure :3

One thing I do disagree with is in the second set of screenshots, the floor blood decals in the top left image. I just... can't see that dragging blood area being realistic o.0 I think pretty much because it's quite jagged and has a lot of areas in-between where there is no blood.

Oh and I do like the use of the chain in the first set of images. Very nicely done! Big Grin

Was looking forward to this from the start and still interested - keep it up! Big Grin

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
06-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Looking for a MALE voice actor. One of my voice actors has decided to not get back to me in a timely fashion, so I'm replacing him. Character description is as follows.

Felix Markborn: A raspy prisoner on death row, he pokes fun at the people testing him as a last run of amusement before he's sentenced to death. It's rare he answers any question seriously, and is always cracking inappropriate jokes.

I want his voice to sound like Clarence, from Penumbra.

If you want to audition please PM me. His script is complete, and I need the lines as soon as possible.

06-20-2014, 03:29 AM
Find