Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with extra_english.lang file
LeDew42 Offline

Threads: 2
Help with extra_english.lang file

so, I was working on my custom story, and I wirte out my description in the extra_english.lang file. I open Amnesia to check if it worked and it did, but as soon as I left Amnesia it gave me a message saying my file no longer existed. It asked if I anted to keep it and I said yes, and no the file itself doesn't work at all. Not even the description.
02-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Help with extra_english.lang file

That means that the Amnesia program cannot find the lang file. Please show us your lang file. Just copy paste the contents here.

And this is the wrong section.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2014, 01:57 PM by PutraenusAlivius.)
02-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Find
LeDew42 Offline

Threads: 2

(02-18-2014, 01:48 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: That means that the Amnesia program cannot find the lang file. Please show us your lang file. Just copy paste the contents here.

And this is the wrong section.

sorry :/ heres my file.

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Your eyes struggle to adjust to the light. What was that sound? You stumble dazed and confused through your dark mansion, investigating the source of the sound. But something is off, something is very wrong about your mansion. All you know is you need to stop whatever is happening quick, before it destroys your sanity.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORYName="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Miles_Name">I'm so sorry Miles, I didn't mean for this to happen. They came, and I couldn't stop them. You need to get out Miles! You need to escape, I'm afraid it is too late for me.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_RoomKey">Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_RoomKey">The key to my bedroom door.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
02-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Your eyes struggle to adjust to the light. What was that sound? You stumble dazed and confused through your dark mansion, investigating the source of the sound. But something is off, something is very wrong about your mansion. All you know is you need to stop whatever is happening quick, before it destroys your sanity.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Miles_Name">I'm so sorry Miles, I didn't mean for this to happen. They came, and I couldn't stop them. You need to get out Miles! You need to escape, I'm afraid it is too late for me.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_RoomKey">Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_RoomKey">The key to my bedroom door.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused