Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Graphics Issue
bandanamonkey Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Strange Graphics Issue

Every time I try to load up a save file for Amnesia, I get a screen like the one below.

.jpg   208662_10150146374176078_730051077_6872063_389619_n.jpg (Size: 101.65 KB / Downloads: 183)

I have tried using different save files, as well as restating again and again, and every time now I get this screen. If I try to just click continue, my game crashes.

I don't know if it's important or not, but if I try to quit it asks me for my profile, which I have to select to get back to the main menu.

This problem has only arisen recently. I've got through a lot of the game so far (I'm at the morgue) and now the problem hits.

Details:

Mac OS X 10.9.1

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

I have over 50GB of free space, so I don't think that's the problem.

Please help.
02-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Strange Graphics Issue

Looks like you have the development environment enabled along with entity information and all that stuff.

Try going to your Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main folder in Application Support. That's where one enables it. Inside there, open your user folder and edit the user_settings.cfg using TextEdit or similar. Find the ScriptDebugOn="true" and set it to false. If it already is false, then I don't know why it is showing up as if it's enabled.

In the game, you can also press F1 to open the debug menu and disable the information from displaying, but if you're playing the game, it will act a bit differently in debug mode.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2014, 07:41 PM by Mudbill.)
02-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Find
bandanamonkey Offline

Threads: 1

(02-23-2014, 07:40 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Looks like you have the development environment enabled along with entity information and all that stuff.

Try going to your Frictional Games/Amnesia/Main folder in Application Support. That's where one enables it. Inside there, open your user folder and edit the user_settings.cfg using TextEdit or similar. Find the ScriptDebugOn="true" and set it to false. If it already is false, then I don't know why it is showing up as if it's enabled.

In the game, you can also press F1 to open the debug menu and disable the information from displaying, but if you're playing the game, it will act a bit differently in debug mode.

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly. I actually had to rename the original Frictional Games folder, recreate a profile, copy, paste saved game files over, and do it that way- as (for some reason) my original file was empty.

It also seems to have fixed the issue I had of the game crashing when I clicked continue (I had to load from saved games).

Thank you for your help.
02-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Well, either way it's good that you figured it out =)
I'm still unsure how someone accidentally enables developer mode though. xP

02-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Certain pirated copies are known to come with that stuff enabled so that illegal users can mod the game.

Just, pointing that out.
02-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Find