Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Penumbra Apocalypse[Cancelled]
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Penumbra Apocalypse[WIP]

You seriously need to work on many of your mapping skills. Here are the biggest issues that I can notice from your alpha video:

-Map is too empty. Not much items besides the essential furniture.
-Lighting is overall too bright. There is no linearity in the light to make it more compelling
-Amnesia furniture, and general entities looks highly out of place in a setting like this.
Ground, and walls could use more detail. Such as decals! Those always help!

So take a look at other people's maps, and study what makes them so compelling. Then learn the craft for yourself. Good luck on improving your mod! Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

omg, the rat in the video. xD

03-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26

hmmm...Still working on some scripts...I just added wake up script at the beggining in the boat.I also updated the Wrath Spiders.Tommorow,I will work on the Rex Gigantic Spider
03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Not bad, but you really need to be working on your map making :/ I mean half of the maps where empty and too bright, just as Kreekakon said.

and you might need to add more detail. You can use point lights instead of box lights, point lights kinda of make it much prettier, just saying. for me point light look much prettiest, does anyone agree?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 10:04 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

hmmm i know.Im not too good map creator Tongue but should be ok with the story.What about spiders i converted? are these good? cause i never seen someone converting spiders or worms.
03-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

I kind of tested your spiders in the model editor, and they have no animation when they run, walk or attack, but it's fine.

When I tested the spiders in game they did not attack :/ so you might test them more before posting or releasing the mod Smile

If you know what I mean Cool

Before I was like you, a beginer. excited doing my first amnesia custom story and map making was terrible, that happened to me, but when i played others custom stories, that gave me the moment to start my own map detailing and having a big imagination of what I should put in a map, that's what i'm doin right now Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 10:09 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Hmmm i just fixed them in demo/alpha,yep they dont have anims.a but i am working on "Wrathes Spiders" which has animations (Even the flinch animation) and Smile the one`s without anims are "Brown Spiders" im gonna post video here soon with Wrath footage.
03-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

It would be pretty awesome if you could make spiders hatch out of egg shells just like in the game.

Here's a secret between you and me but tell no one.

I have this addiction with penumbra eggs, there I said it. it's just in the game I like when you're surviving in the watery cave and you hear those eggs hatching and then the spiders come and attack you! Smile mmmm, I feel like I want to load that part again and play it again in the original game.

I don't know why I have such a big obsession ith that, but it happens.

If you could make them hatch out of the eggs just like in the game, then a dream would come true for me. XD
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 10:16 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Wrath footage is released! it has working Run/Walk/Attack/Flinch animations! there are no bugs with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weq-6LItN...e=youtu.be
03-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

I'm not sure if you take request's but do you think you could make it a little faster, because it seems to be easy to escape from it.
03-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Find