Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying Alpha Channel (In Game)
DreamScripters Offline

Threads: 4
Question  Applying Alpha Channel (In Game)

So, by the title you can probably assume what my question will be. I know that with the castle doors in Amnesia when they take damage by an enemy a alpha channel texture will be applied to it to give it the appearance of damage (basically making certain parts of the door transparent making the appearance of the holes and cracks). Now, what I want to do is take the same logic here but apply it to when you interact with a certain entity it will make it semi-transparent. I couldn't find any methods or scripts that would allow me to simply apply a or any texture to be exact to an entity while in game. I know you can have animated material but it won't allow me to do what I want. So if you have any ideas on how I could accomplish this please reply with it, Thanks! Big Grin

[Image: header.png]
02-27-2014, 05:36 AM
Website Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42
RE: Applying Alpha Channel (In Game)

Are you sure the door you mention uses alpha when damaged?
Cause I think it just changes to another entity, which it's broken.

02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Applying Alpha Channel (In Game)

Yeah, the door has internal settings in the entity file that allow it to change model when it has certain levels of health. If you want to make something that changes transparency in-game, you'll have to make multiple versions of this entity, then when interacted with, it switches with the more transparent entity (using entity enable/disable codes is fine). HPL2 doesn't support multiple skins to a model, so it has to be done by replacing the whole model.
03-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Find