Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can enemies climb on walls?
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
Can enemies climb on walls?

Title says the most. Is this possible?
03-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Can enemies climb on walls?

I don't think so. They'll probably just walk towards it and keep doing so. It might be possible to manipulate them to somehow simulate the effect, but I'm gonna say in short:

No.

03-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Actually, there's a little glitch/solution for this.
You edit his entity file and increase his body size height a little.
At some point the guy starts walking over walls and any obstacle like chairs and tables. (overly persistent grunt)

Downside is he can't go under the set value.
So, given an horizontal plane at the height of 10 units, the grunt to go over this plane needs a body height of 10 too.
But at the same time, he can never walk under it, cause he's too tall.
not visually, though.

You should do some tests cause that's what I remember of my tests.

03-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

The spider critter can walk on walls, but I highly doubt that there would be any way to give enemies that ability. I don't know what exactly in the programming allows them to do that.

03-06-2014, 01:14 AM
Find
CielsTenebreuse Offline

Threads: 2

So I'm guessing this also means they can't climb ladders either?

Since we have an entity (Alexander) that can float, and maybe even some others, I can't recall though, wouldn't it be possible to have an enemy that could "float" upward upon collision with a ladder/wall and then have the animations of their arms and legs simulate the act of climbing?

Actually, can enemies do other things like, say, leap across platforms, or even walk up stairs? I don't think I've ever seen an Amnesia enemy (if you don't count the lethal red mists of lethality) in the main game or in a custom story, that ever walked up or down any stairs, so I'm curious. If not, then that would be a pretty bad downgrade from Penumbra's dogs which chased me up stairs and killed me more than a couple times. Sad
03-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Alexander floats thanks to his animation. The entity stands still.

I don't think the Amnesia monsters can do these things. Again, perhaps there's a way to simulate it, but there's no built-in function for exactly this. If you're creative however, maybe you can find a way to trick the player into thinking that's what's going on.

They can walk up stairs if you place nodes at each step. Ladders, I doubt.

03-06-2014, 02:03 AM
Find