Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!)
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!)

(03-10-2014, 05:42 PM)Traggey Wrote: The end of whatever monday is your monday of choise! I'm not too tight on the deadline.

The latest someone's Monday can possibly be I think would probably be something like 12 o' clock noon this Tuesday?

...I think?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 06:08 PM by Kreekakon.)
03-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-10-2014, 06:04 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: This was rather fun. Wouldn't suggest zooming in, since models and texturing is rushed as hell Big Grin

And working with huge objects in hpl is a pain in the butt. Why is the zoom back distance limited?
Spoiler below!

[Image: sXJsdK3.jpg]

How do you feel about the scale? It feels really odd trying to fake the distance between camera and the tower.

Reminds me of the Eye of Sauron in Mordor.

[Image: luv.gif]
03-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(03-10-2014, 06:04 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: This was rather fun. Wouldn't suggest zooming in, since models and texturing is rushed as hell Big Grin

And working with huge objects in hpl is a pain in the butt. Why is the zoom back distance limited?
Spoiler below!

How do you feel about the scale? It feels really odd trying to fake the distance between camera and the tower.

I like the whole composition.. the colors; yellow to orange really fits in well with the sky (did you paint that yourself? Smile) In all one of the more interesting screenshots I've seen in a while!

Other than that one of the problems is the texturing as you mentioned; main focus of upgrades should probably be the two closests 'towers' (particularily the upper section of the tower) and two 'pillars' by the entrance. I think you can get away with the texturing of the rest of the stuff - as you aren't looking too closely at that. The pillars also have this 'spike' at the top of them - going in theme with the spikyness of the rest of the environment - but that spike looks a little odd imo.

The above mentions are mostly minor and I don't think one should look at this environment 'to see the fine details' but rather on as a whole.

Very nice job Khyrpa! With the smoke and placement of objects it feels more like a painting rather than an environment - interesting take :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(03-10-2014, 06:36 PM)Acies Wrote: I like the whole composition.. the colors; yellow to orange really fits in well with the sky (did you paint that yourself? Smile) In all one of the more interesting screenshots I've seen in a while!

Other than that one of the problems is the texturing as you mentioned; main focus of upgrades should probably be the two closests 'towers' (particularily the upper section of the tower) and two 'pillars' by the entrance. I think you can get away with the texturing of the rest of the stuff - as you aren't looking too closely at that. The pillars also have this 'spike' at the top of them - going in theme with the spikyness of the rest of the environment - but that spike looks a little odd imo.

The above mentions are mostly minor and I don't think one should look at this environment 'to see the fine details' but rather on as a whole.

Very nice job Khyrpa! With the smoke and placement of objects it feels more like a painting rather than an environment - interesting take :]

Kinda painted that skybox myself. But mostly overlayed some cloud images and just quickly brushed some stuff there (you can see how rushed the marks I made look Big Grin). Using skypaint so the workflow is really fluent and fun (needs 32bit photoshop tho). So I really recommend using that thing for skyboxes, it's fun and fast.

I'm still quite shitty at modeling so when I tried to make that tower in just a couple of hours it didn't go too well Smile. Just quick prototyping to get stuff into the game and then as I'm too slow, time and motivation runs out I didn't revisit the textures or models at all.

It's heavily heavily heaaaavily based on one promo magic card illustration by Noah Bradley that I've had as my desktop background image for ages. Thats why the colors and concept works :u

And btw. I filled the map with custom 2048x2048 fog particles, if anyone wants a computer killing higher resolution fog just ask me to upload it.

03-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(03-10-2014, 07:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [Image: A75BC369DF1F03119351EBE54704B9A102CD4482]

Final version!

Spoiler below!
( means : no words, SO cool man! (spoilered before it will be removed when post is empty Wink
Robo, you still get me every time with your mapping man! you are a talented guy!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 07:52 PM by DnALANGE.)
03-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Spoiler below!

Woo, I would make the structure taller, like 15% more.
And change those weird planks with a large door.
And it's perfect.

I like the little monk/shadow going inside, good to remark/compare sizes.
(I assume it's a person, I don't know what that is)

03-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

I did it in time (it's 20:42, 10/03/14 here)! Now tell me I'm - I mean tell me my map is - pretty :p
Spoiler below!

[Image: threedaychallengefinal_by_rueppells_fox-d79qfef.png]

Total of 3.5 hours of mapping (approximately) because I only worked on it during my study breaks. Sorry it's not my best, but I really couldn't resist the concept :D

This is the only angle the map looks good from, by the way c:

Edit: I don't think it's monday anywhere now, but have an updated version with reflective water too (thanks for the suggestion) :p
Spoiler below!

[Image: threedaychallengemenubg_by_rueppells_fox-d79xmel.png]

another edit: Spriggy suggested plants, and using it as a menu map made me add a few other things as well.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 10:44 PM by CarnivorousJelly.)
03-11-2014, 03:44 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

holy fucking shit

[Image: signature-2.png]
03-11-2014, 05:06 AM
Find
lothabread Offline

Threads: 11

(03-11-2014, 05:06 AM)Streetboat Wrote: holy fucking shit

same here ._.
03-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Pfft, that's cheating, we didn't ask you to go outiside and play with camera...
03-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Find