Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
RedKnight Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Post Pictures of Yourself

(03-08-2014, 08:33 PM)Iipee Wrote: Would need years of education. Don't have patience for that right now.
I've spent my leisure time on editing videos, photos and creating graphics.

say whaaaaaaaat

03-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-08-2014, 08:33 PM)Iipee Wrote: Would need years of education. Don't have patience for that right now.

That depends on what kind of game. If you "study" every day for like 2-3 months you should be able to make a game like Breakout. And Tesbull kind of has a point, move this to the Random thread.
03-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Sorry but IMO the only way to achieve something of significance is by sacrificing something else, usually personal enjoyment and leisure. If you have any amount of free time then you should be working on something. Not a bunch of scattered projects, but really working towards a single and ambitious end goal. If you can edit videos, photos, and create graphics, then make a film or something. You say that you don't have patience but that's because you aren't willing to give up something that you value, like the hours a day you reserve to playing games. And in fact most people aren't willing to give up those things, which is why a lot of people nowadays feel like they haven't done anything in their life. Making a popular youtube channel can be a significant accomplishment, but whatever you do, you have to become the best at it. I don't mean become Pewdiepie and have 20 million subscribers, I mean that you have to set a reasonably ambitious goal for your channel to reach and then achieve it. Otherwise you're just doing another side project which means nothing in the long run.

[Image: p229xcq]
03-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Random Stuff

To be honest you don't need education to make games. Sure you need to know lots of stuff but most (if not all) can be learned by means not involving school or education. Though self-study could be considered education if you think about it.. Whatevs. Tongue

Point is, if you really love something and if you are determined to do something you love, you'll most likely find a way to do it, formal education or not. I've been spending probably ten years learning stuff by my own (started when I was about 13, I'm 23 in a few months) but nothing have been for nothing, if you work hard and if you have the spirit and dedication to do what you love to do then the only thing that can stop you is yourself.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(03-08-2014, 08:47 PM)Froge Wrote: Sorry but IMO the only way to achieve something of significance is by sacrificing something else, usually personal enjoyment and leisure. If you have any amount of free time then you should be working on something. Not a bunch of scattered projects, but really working towards a single and ambitious end goal. If you can edit videos, photos, and create graphics, then make a film or something. You say that you don't have patience but that's because you aren't willing to give up something that you value, like the hours a day you reserve to playing games. And in fact most people aren't willing to give up those things, which is why a lot of people nowadays feel like they haven't done anything in their life. Making a popular youtube channel can be a significant accomplishment, but whatever you do, you have to become the best at it. I don't mean become Pewdiepie and have 20 million subscribers, I mean that you have to set a reasonably ambitious goal for your channel to reach and then achieve it. Otherwise you're just doing another side project which means nothing in the long run.

I have sacrificed my time (like, a lot of time - days on most minimal things that people probably won't even notice) and all the money I have been able to gather throughout the years to build towards the plan I have now set to myself. Everything I know about this stuff I have done by self learning to photograph, photo editing and then moved to video editing, creating some graphics in GIMP and now last addition to my library: audio editing.

Countless hours have been spent on learning about these by trial and error. I'm not saying that I'm good, I'm just me. I learned these because I have always been looking for new information about subjects that interest me at that particular time. Don't regret any of this because I have had so much fun while doing this journey and I am very much happy that I have been able to "succeed" with these projects (and by succeeding, I mean that I've learned them).

But now for few years I've wanted to do something with the information that I've been gathering instead of just "I know how to do this" and decided that I will be making videos on YouTube. I don't mind if people don't like me or aren't interested in what I'm doing, I am doing this for myself since I'm tired of just sitting at home doing nothing but rolling my thumbs and thinking that I should do something creative with my life. I simply want to feel that I'm doing best I can with what I have. Those who choose to follow, a big ♥ to them. But I am still mostly doing it for myself.

And yes, this has been in my mind for years now (as people probably can see throughout the theme I've build up on the forums)... I'm just so perfectionist that I've been pushing it back to meet the criteria I've set to myself in my head.

Few shots of the project:
*LINKS REMOVED*

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 01:33 AM by Yuhaney.)
03-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Website Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Man, don't think about patience or your personal limitations, just start making, you'll learn the missing education by progression.
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2014, 09:55 PM by Red.)
03-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I don't think i've ever seen someone prepare their own channel in such a way Iipee has if im honest. A lot of people that are youtubers will put out content and gradually add to the presentation with a lot of help from others whereas Iipee seems to have spent a hella long time preparing and it looks mostly all by himself. The amount of work he's done on the preparation side is what you'd expect from someone wanting to have a youtube career, whereas thats not his plan.

Probably going off into territory where everyone knows everything to know but, youtube can be a hard environment for anyones expectations. I actually worry a little about how far this actually goes because I know how long and how much time you've spent making this to be the best of your ability and to see it all be either totally ignored or pissed on would be a morale breaker for the majority of people. In graphics class, we're taught that most of the time, we only pay attention to bad artwork and the good is mostly not been reacted to.

[Image: luv.gif]
03-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(03-08-2014, 08:47 PM)Froge Wrote: Sorry but IMO the only way to achieve something of significance is by sacrificing something else, usually personal enjoyment and leisure. If you

not always true though, personal enjoyment is what brought me far in what I do

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Thank you so much! Very nice post.

It's true that the internet is like a minefield and especially the gaming community seems to be very hazardous area. That's a risk indeed for many who may have some personal issues on area of self-esteem.

Not saying I'm the best example, since I do too.
That's why I have learned all of these things that have interested me over the years, so that I can say that I have tried something instead of sharing hate around the globe because I don't happen to feel that my life shaped up like I imagined. I decided that someday I'll do the opposite and share "love". Get the heart thing now? Love for games and for supporters.

I don't need to "succeed" (what ever that means), I just want to do what I have enjoyed doing so far and since there is a channel where I can share it to the "world", then why not. If something comes out of it, then it's always a plus but it's not the reason I want, or even should, do things.

I've started to realize that I should really focus more on those around me who actually enjoy my company, support and love me. My weakness is, that I am not very good at showing my caring back. Haters are gonna stay and trying to prove them wrong is just a plain suicide. They don't change. They don't even want to change.

03-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-08-2014, 03:56 PM)Wooderson Wrote: I was hoping for someone real because I know about Joel.

hugh jackman makes my dick diamonds too so there you go

Posting Freak
03-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Website Find