Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help How to make a door break by throwing a rock
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: How to make a door break by throwing a rock

As what has already been said: We are here to help you, not do your work for you.
But if you need a pointer in the right direrection, trace back to where you remember this happening. I'm pretty sure this is done early in The Great Work. Why not take a look at how they did it?

I think what you need to work on is how to find out things like these on your own. Don't forget that we here at the forum are just normal people too, so our reactions will be much like anyone else you show this to. Even if you get bad critisism you shouldn't just give up. I know you're trying, you just need a different approach.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 11:33 PM by Mudbill.)
03-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(03-10-2014, 08:01 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: I'm sorry bro Undecided I know how it feels to have a guy who keeps doing the same thing, but where can i ind the wiki? what's the name of the wiki pls, i promise I'll try harder and from now on, I'll stop making threads everyday and I will learn more intro scripting I promise pls don't hate on me and I take everything seriously since I'm sensitive so pls don't hate on me :'( I think you want me to leave the forum forever don't ya? Sad

Don't get me wrong Cat*
Please read my post again.
the thing is here, you make a post\tread of as seems ( everything )
Offcourse we are here to help, but we are NOT going to give you code like here \ here \ here....
You need to TRY and look at the codes and what they are doing.
Just try to read the wiki and make mistakes like all of us do!
We do not hate you at all, not even a little.
Just seems to be a fact you think we just give all the code, well, we DO give you codes, but we are here at the end to LEARN people about the game and his engine.
---
TRY to see if you can understand, if you do NOT understand a code or a line, look at the wiki or youtube can be very handy as well.
And again, we all make mistakes, it is CODE, so sometimes things will NOT work.
then you HAVE to KNOW what is wrong...
If we give you our codes you might never LEARN it.
---
We do NOT hate you and we love to have more people on te forum, don't get me wrong Cat*

good luck with your story and we are here to help you if you have any problems***
*** Try to learn and TRY before posting.
It's all for your own benefit.

DnALANGE ( and the amazing guys and moderators here on the forum who are here to help out others )
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 12:08 AM by DnALANGE.)
03-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

03-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Thanks for this answer, you're right if you just give me the code then I will never learn myself or learn anything. I will try to search the wiki and do as you told me to. and thanks Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 01:05 PM by Radical Batz.)
03-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Find