Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Surround sound in BP?
Loftberg Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Surround sound in BP?

Played the demo of Overture without problems. Played the full game (Overture) without problems. Played the demo of Black Plague without problems. But somehow, I can't play Black Plague, full retail game (CD) without problems. Been strolling around these forums for answers, but they all seem to point towards OpenAL not working properly (and it doesn't matter how many times I uninstall it and then reinstall a downloaded "said to be the latest" version). Having "Hardware" checked 'ON' in the game sound settings just won't cut it. Hence, I won't be able to play the game with Surround sound.

(getting the classic EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION_blaha-blaha Blackbox error)

Been uninstalling and reinstalling the game, with and without deleting the game folder under My Documents. I think I've tried every possible solution, but none worked. As I can see, I am not the only one with this problem, so, is there a patch in the works or have you left Black Plague behind to move on on other projects?

Running in Vista, and I understand that could be one cause for the problem, but then, how come my other Penumbra-related applications work flawlessly? Have all the latest drivers, for both my Soundblaster card and my Nvidia one.

Tried to find a way to enable Surround sound through Creative Labs' Alchemy tool, but seems like a dead end.
12-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Find